Infinite Space

Noctis

Infinite Space

Developers: Nude Maker, Platinum Games

Publisher: Sega

Release date: TBA 2009 (NA)

Genres: Role-playing, space simulation

infinite_space.jpg

Infinite Space is a science fiction role-playing video game that allows the player to design and control a spaceship. The player can customize the ship with over 150 different design models, along with over 150 possible crew members. After designing a ship, the player can explore an expansive game world with a story spanning two galaxies. Characters seen in the game will be displayed in 2D, while ships, exploration, and battles will all be in 3D.

The player navigates the ship using the Nintendo DS touchscreen by first choosing a destination, then engaging the engines to move towards that destination. Spaceship battles occur in real-time, with attacks utilizing a "command gauge" feature. As the command gauge builds up, the player can use it to perform attacks against an enemy ship. The rate at which the command gauge fills depends on the crew of the ship, so a more skilled crew will increase the capabilities of a ship. When the player boards an enemy ship, the player takes control of their character to fight through the ship.

Trailer

[gt]48448[/gt]

Screenshots

infinite-space-20081020105258871_640w.jpg

infinite-space-20081020104806857_640w.jpg

infinite-space-20081020105251684_640w.jpg

infinite-space-screens-20080929073222263_640w.jpg

Woah !!! That looks very tasty. Its like Star Ocean with a focus on space rather than terrain.

Yeah, the focus seems to be on space battles rather than small groups of characters. A combination of space simulators and rpgs, two of my favourite genres.

btw,

Famistu review: 34 (9/9/8/8)

"From the ship customization that reflects the player's tastes down to the tiniest detail to the battle difficulty (you are killed instantly if you let your guard down) to the vast and complex SF story; every aspect of this game is deeper than I imagined," wrote one reviewer. "The sheer volume is also overwhelming, and I applaud their efforts. There are some unkind parts of the game, but they are easily overpowered by the game itself."

Set phasers to OHSHI-

Too bad Sega will take forever to localize this. Still waiting on Sands of Destruction, hmph!

In a recent article IGN has mentioned it will be releasing on July 7th 2009, which is just a little more than a week away. Even otherwise we should be seeing this sometime this year, apparently it topped the Japaneese sales charts.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Game is coming out in 3 days (March 16). :lol:

As for initial western reviews, Edge gave it a 8 in their latest issue and RPG Fan import review scored 92% which is pretty high for that particular reviewer.

Now where am I going to find time for all these games...

• 4 weeks later...
Oi, this is BRILLIANT. I just finished the tutorial and I LOVE the combat.. :panic::P

You finished the tutorial and love the combat ?

Then you are in for a treat, its like FFXIII with auto only needed at the beginning. Once you unlock Battleships, Cruisers, Carriers, special abilities, more modules, crew and is able to use fighters the combat its going to be on a whole different scale.

And Im still refraining from posting impressions, 24 hours into the game and I have realized the dialogues and some important choices you make branches the story into completely different routes. Also the game has some really fresh twists. Probably going to end up being one of my favorite rpgs of all time.

You finished the tutorial and love the combat ?

Then you are in for a treat, its like FFXIII with auto only needed at the beginning. Once you unlock Battleships, Cruisers, Carriers, special abilities, more modules, crew and is able to use fighters the combat its going to be on a whole different scale.

And Im still refraining from posting impressions, 24 hours into the game and I have realized the dialogues and some important choices you make branches the story into completely different routes. Also the game has some really fresh twists. Probably going to end up being one of my favorite rpgs of all time.

Well yea, the tutorial and an hour give or take :first:

I love the mechanics. I can see myself really getting stuck into it, even with (or because of) all the details you mentioned.

@Madmage: Think turn based Freelancer except without all the trading :doh:

Archived