NEED FOR SPEED : PROSTREET

Developer : Electronic Arts

Published by: Electronic Arts

Genre: Racing

Release Date: North America - October 31,2007; Europe - November 1, 2007

Platforms : Xbox 360, PS3, Windows, Wii, PS2, PSP, Nintendo DS, Mobile

Official Website: www.ea.com/nfs/prostreet/

GAME INFO

It's been annouced, but what is it? What is Pro Street? The answer is simple. Pro Street is pure street racing competition. The essence of the performance tuner and what he, or she, wants to be: the Street King.

So will the be a massive open road with tons cops and crashes and completely innocent drivers cruising the city streets getting involved in the mayhem? No. You will compete for the first time since the Underground series launched on real roads in real environments set during daylight hours from around the globe. An echo of classic Need for Speed taken to a whole new level.

This year will have a story like some of the previous titles but there will be no green-screen cut scenes or comic book Underground 2 type stuff this year.

What kind of races will be taking place on these roads? Well, the Need For Speed team at Black Box has come up with four race modes this year for Need For Speed, all inspired by the events that real street car tuners participate in. Grip (circuit), Speed Challenge (checkpoint), Drift, and Drag (yes, it's back!).

Grip racing is pretty much the same familar circuit racing you've always known but enhanced the the amazing new Pro Street physics engine and damage model (which I'll discuss later). You drive around Grip tracks may differ thanks to the new ability to turn off Arcade driving assists, making the experience much more real.

Speed Challenge is being described as being similar to checkpoint races but not much has revealed at this time. I was told many variants of this game mode will exist. Enough to keep us busy for a long time.

Drifting returns again this year with several new additions. Its more real this time. You manage your own line, your won speed and your own angle using real world drift techniques, such as e-brake slides, power over, feinting, and even clutch kicking. Drifting uses the same physics model the rest of the game uses, not the super slide the older titles used. Of course there will be a Drift Assist to help you manage your line in case your not quite that Hardcore.

Drag is back after a one year hiatus and guess what? I'm going to leave you completely in the dark about drag. I'll just let you know its not an obstacle course.

Sprint and Speedtrap are gone yes, but I'm told most Sprint fans will take a liking to the speed challenges and maybe Speedtrap might be one of those many variants.

The customization of Pro Street has been greatly enhanced this year. You'll be able to customize your car with literally thousands of aftermarket parts from real world manufacturers. This enables you to truly create purpose built racing machines for each of the games specific race modes. The garage size of the career mode I'm told will be increased to accommodate this since you will most definately need much more cars this game.

Not only is the performance tuning greatly enhanced, but different aftermarket parts from different brands will have different effects on you car. Exactly what those effects will be at this stage is still not clear. Once you install one of these perfomance parts you'll unlock its decal so you'll know that if a car pulls up next to you and it has some serious labels on the side that you might be in trouble. Deep trouble. But on the other hand, he might not have any labels.

So, say you built an awesome car, but you want to strip it down and build a better setup, but you don't want to lose the old one because the new one might not be so good. No problem, you can save you setups as blueprints. These blueprints will store the data of your car so that it can be retreived by you at anytime. You also be able to upload blueprints and share them with friends online. You'll even be able to put the newly redisgned Dyno to the test to see benchmark results of your blueprint.

Autosculpt is back as well, and this time, it's everything. Every spoiler, every kit, every hood, that includes the stock components. Autosculpting now affects the performance of your car unlike Carbon. You'll be able to take your car through a wind tunnel and alter specific details of you body kit, hood and and spoiler to make your car more aerodynamic and increase (or decrease) the downforce.

All components can now be converted to other materials such as Carbon Fiber, again this includes stock parts. This mateerial conversion will have an adverse affect on the car's weight as well. Carbon Fiber can be painted this year, but when you get a good look, you'll know it's Carbon Fiber! Even more so when you get behind the wheel!

The graphics have been hyped up for Pro Street. All the cars have been built focusing on next generation technology and everything, I mean everything looks much more real. It doesn't look cheesy it doesn't look cartoony, it looks amazingly real. The roadways, the dirt (which has amazing physics btw), the atmosphere, the lighting, its all incredible.

VIDEOS

Teaser Trailer

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/904/904767/vids_1.html

Gameplay Video :

http://www.game1.nl/gamevideos/videos/cam/...me-Beelden.html

SCREENSHOTS

1184027990fz2.th.jpg

1184178642ax0.th.jpg

1184178641vk1.th.jpg

1184178641ma4.th.jpg

For More Screenshots Check Out :

http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/gallery/17...d-ProStreet/p1/

EDIT: Added more game info and official website --MT

• 3 weeks later...

i didnt like carbon much, most wanted was freaking awesome!

all that cgi made me fall in love with it, and oh not to mention, JOSIE MARAN! *drooooooooooooooooooool*

this game looks sweet.......i wanna get this one..damn my wallet is crying..too many good games and yeah this is one of them check out the video available at game trailers....i like the speed man....gfx are also amazing the effects and all match those of dirt and car mdels evn beter

:bash:NFS Next to Hit Indian Streets Nov :P

Electronic Arts (EA) has reportedly announced that the latest iteration of its blockbuster franchise, "Need for Speed ProStreet", will hit stores in India and Europe on November 1, 2007.

According to EA, "Need for Speed ProStreet" spurs gamers to build the ultimate street car, take the mean machine to multi-disciplinary showdowns, and pit their wits and skills against some of the world's best street racers -- in a bid to win that coveted crown of 'street king'.

Larry LaPierre, executive producer, said, "Need for Speed ProStreet" is their interpretation of how street racing culture will be in the next 3 to 5 years. LaPierre said ProStreet promises to bring gamers out of their back alleys, and plonk onto the world stage, egging them on to show what they've got, and what it takes...

Other staples of the game, as per EA, include: competing in iconic locations from across the globe; and battling in 4 distinct racing styles, including grip, drag, drift, and the new 'speed challenge'.

Using energetic crowds, photo-realistic vehicles, and billowing smoke, among others, an ambience befitting the pressure, power, aggression, and rivalry of a typical show down is created in the game.

"Need for Speed ProStreet" will be available November 1st onwards, for the Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, Nintendo DS, Wii, and the PC and the mobile.

SOURCE

• 1 month later...
Yeah !! Thats why I really like NFS: Most Wanted. Daylight !!

MW was my favorite out of all the recent (post F&F) NFS titles.

BTW, I really think ProStreet will be a decent game despite those average reviews.

And please post feedback on the demo guys!

Archived