Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2

Amit

Paris, FRANCE — November 20, 2007 — Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, announced that it is developing Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Vegas 2 for next-generation consoles and PC. Developed at Ubisoft Montreal by the same team that created the award-winning Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas, the highly anticipated sequel is scheduled for a March 2008 release. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is the sixth iteration in the wildly successful Rainbow Six franchise which celebrates its 10th anniversary in 2008 with more than 16 million units sold worldwide to date.

“Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas took the gaming world by storm in 2006 thanks to its technological advances and gameplay innovations,” said Yves Guillemot, president and chief executive officer at Ubisoft. “We are convinced that Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will remain a pioneer in the highly competitive first person shooter genre, bringing more of what Rainbow Six fans love to the table.”

The highly anticipated sequel to the winner of numerous awards, including IGN’s 2006 Best First Person Shooter and Best Online Game, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will push the franchise to new heights by adding new gameplay features and even more stunning visuals. Players will encounter an intense solo campaign that uses new tactical possibilities in various locations around Sin City. As expected with one of the pioneer franchises for online multiplayer Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will also break new ground in both co-op and adversarial modes, while providing unprecedented interaction between the solo and multiplayer modes.

Source: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_5550_en.html

i have been playing rainbow six online on ps3 ever since i bought it last year. no one on this forum is more excited than i m about the sequel. i fail to understand how u guys decided not to buy this great multiplayer game.

i said no one played it over ps3. i never got to find any posts for this game on the forum either. this game is the best multiplayer game that no one played over ps3. 360 owners got this game for sometime now.

i played the sp on my 360 last year but never went online with my modified console. well i dont have my 360 anymore, it broke down. any ways mighty skate i hope to meet u on psn tomorow.

Rainbow Six : Vegas Exclusive to X360/Pc only ?

The original Rainbow Six: Vegas was released on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, and the PC. From all indications, it looks like Ubisoft decided not to take a multi-platform approach to the sequel of the game. The company's official website only listed Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 on the Xbox 360 and PC.

Ubisoft hasn't given any word on the platform exclusivity of the game, but we can probably expect to hear more about this in the near future.

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 is slated for launch by March of next year. Details on this game have been rather vague but players can expect new gameplay features, better graphics, and even more maps. The official website even stated that the game will "break new ground in both co-op and adversarial modes.

Source ~ QJ.net

Vegas 2 Page

^^ I gave that as an ex. I mean, Rainbow six was a franchise, then they carried it forward to rs:vegas, instead of rs:vegas 2, they could've made rainbow six in a whole new city, instead, they want to cash in on the brand name - so u will have one more $60 game, with minimal modifications, the same engine and most of the components reused....which means, innovation goes out the door !

Archived