Quake Live

IceFusion

Id Software's John Carmack, one of the worlds most celebrated game makers, projects that Quake Live will have "hundreds of thousands of players, if not millions."

I love quake 3 to date... and hate q4 >>

Quake live does seem promising now.. :(

http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/17559-Car...ns_in_QuakeLive

Registration for Invites >>

http://www.quakelive.com/

logo_1600x1200.jpg

Quake Live (formerly known as Quake Zero) is a first-person shooter video game project from id Software announced in 2007. It is said that id is very much focusing on the multiplayer aspect of the game, so as to nudge the game into succeeding its predecessor Quake III Arena as a "major league" FPS eSports competition game.[citation needed]

It will be released as a free version of Quake III Arena[2] launched and played via a web browser, but will also be playable full screen.

Quake Live will be backed financially by in-game advertising from IGA Worldwide[3]. Skill-based matchmaking will be powered by a "metagame engine" developed by GaimTheory.[4]

Sign-ups for the Quake Live beta are currently underway, and users can register their interest in play-testing the beta by visiting the game's website and subscribing their e-mail.

• 5 months later...

Only tourneys will tell how long this one would live, but since it's free and playable through a browser (Which is awesomely insane by the way), i'd put my money on it. By the way, did anyone watch Zero4 vs Cypher - QL match?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok sites up. Played a couple of offline matches with bots and its brings back good memories. The online aspect goes live tommorow. Will report back with a preview once it does. Loving it at the moment though.

A couple of screenshots. I can also play full screen but for some reason it wont capture screenshots in that mode. Probably a javascript thing. It looks very, very impressive.

3172691435_b616a77330_b.jpg

3173523552_9756ac7fbe_b.jpg

Ok sites up. Played a couple of offline matches with bots and its brings back good memories. The online aspect goes live tommorow. Will report back with a preview once it does. Loving it at the moment though.

A couple of screenshots. I can also play full screen but for some reason it wont capture screenshots in that mode. Probably a javascript thing. It looks very, very impressive.

3172691435_b616a77330_b.jpg

3173523552_9756ac7fbe_b.jpg

The only downside currently is that there is no provision for private servers at this stage. Also, no online Asian servers exist as of now. Only European and U.S servers which is kinda unfair, given the amount of quakers in Asia.

A bit off topic but QL doesn't support any mods either.

And of course ATM it doesnt actually show what pings you will be getting in the game unless you actually join a game. Which is retarted.

Still I got pings of about 250 on most matches I played so its not that bad. I can send out invitations to the beta (I think) if anyone wants in.

Also dude dont qoute images. At least not twice. B)

And of course ATM it doesnt actually show what pings you will be getting in the game unless you actually join a game. Which is retarted.

Still I got pings of about 250 on most matches I played so its not that bad. I can send out invitations to the beta (I think) if anyone wants in.

Also dude dont qoute images. At least not twice. :D

me me me .. B):wallbash:

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Put your email address in the above post and let me try.

Edit Argh its showing me I cant do that now. I could do it yesterday. Anyways put your email up I will do it as soon as it lets me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived