Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard

argruid

Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard

for the DS

Gamespot gives it a 7.5

The Good

Plethora of weapons, armor, items, and character abilities to unlock

Small but welcome interface and cartography improvements

Lengthy quest and a challenge level that will keep you invested.

The Bad

That challenge level may also induce hair loss

Bare-bones story offers very little exposition.

It's rare to find a game that can sometimes feel like work yet still be enjoyable. Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard is definitely one of these games, whether it's due to the sheer sense of accomplishment that comes with defeating FOEs, the excitement of discovering new loot, or the complete control you have over your characters' growth. So long as you're not afraid of a game that'll hold you by the throat and slap you around every now and again, this game--like Etrian Odyssey before it--is one of the deeper, more gratifying role-playing experiences you'll find for the Nintendo DS.

Full review

Looks like another JRPG for the DS.

Methinks I shall give it a pass though.

Didn't bother finishing the first game myself, mostly because of how much it was kicking my a*s. I expect the new game to be no different, and people are saying it's not like you have to complete the first one to get anything out of this.

Maybe I'll pick it up when it goes cheap :)

Didn't bother finishing the first game myself, mostly because of how much it was kicking my a*s. I expect the new game to be no different, and people are saying it's not like you have to complete the first one to get anything out of this.

Maybe I'll pick it up when it goes cheap :)

one of those crazy sales that play asia has annually,i'll buy it then,hopefully this game will be marked down during that time.

Yeah - I was really tempted to pick this up, but the review harps more on the dungeon mapping than the combat so decided to give it a miss. Whoever picks it up please lendy for a few days.

Archived