KnackChap

Trine

Developer: Frozenbyte

Publisher: Nobilis

Genre: 2d platformer/puzzle

Players: 1-?

Platform: PSN & PC

Release: Q2 2009

Trine is a fantasy action game where the player can create and use physics-based objects to beat hazardous puzzles and threatening enemies. Set in a world of great castles and strange machinery, three heroes are bound to a mysterious device called the Trine in a quest to save the kingdom from evil...

The gameplay is based on fully interactive physics - each character's different ability helps the player battle an army of un-dead and defeat hazardous contraptions. The player can at any time freely choose whoever is best suited for the upcoming challenge or puzzle: The Wizard is able to summon objects to help solve puzzles and create new ways to overcome obstacles, the Thief uses her agility and dead-on accuracy to swiftly surprise the monsters, and the Warrior unleashes mayhem and physical destruction wherever he goes.

trine-images-20081205001228241.jpg

trine-images-20081205001233881.jpg

trine-images-20081205001246302.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

MUST BUY! love the concept of teaming up of action fantasy with a core of a platformer! and beautiful and richly colourful world! LOL i can imagine Gandalf doing this amount of jumping around...music reminds me of LOTR somehow...

but how come its gonna be release on PSN only? dang i hate the UK PSN..hopefully i will be able to use the HK PSN for downloading this...

EDIT: this gonna have MP or some kind of co-op mode??? WOW!

• 2 weeks later...

Trine coming to XBLA

Trine, the cooperative platformer from Frozenbyte, has until now been thought to be a PSN/PC exclusive (which is a fancy way of saying it's not on Xbox Live Arcade). We were surprised upon entering Atlus's booth to find Trine running on ... well, a PC, but it's supposed to represent an XBLA version, just because the actual XBLA game isn't ready to show. Despite the game not being a super-niche RPG, Atlus has seen fit to secure the publishing rights.

The XBLA version of Trine should be out "later this year," according to Atlus, at some unspecified time that happens to fall after the "later this year" release for the PSN and PC versions.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/04/atlus-pu...-trine-on-xbla/

• 3 weeks later...

Archived