Drakensang: The Dark Eye

Hahaman

Drakensang: The Dark Eye is a PC version of the popular German pen & paper RPG, and features party-based single player adventures.

Publisher:ValuSoftDeveloper:Radon LabsGenre:Computer Role-PlayingRelease Date: Feb 18, 2009

935251_20070823_screen001.jpg

935251_20070823_screen016.jpg

Demo Link----Gamespot Demo

• 2 months later...

my first thoughts about this game - graphics are gorgeous and pleasing to eye,cant say much about story as I have just started the game ,its a pure fantasy setting .. there are elves dwarves and dragons .Interaction scheme and interface have got typical old school feel,character skills and stats system can give Bethesda's SPECIAL system a run for its money , inventory management is simplistic.You can control upto 4 party members and more guest members (like summoned creatures)can join the party.So far reviews on net have been mixed ranging from mediocre to great, metacritic rating is not up yet but user reviews rate it 9.2/10.

screenies.. http://www.IndianVideoGamer.com/forums/index....st&p=312503

I'm playing the game too. Don't ask how I got it though :sign_banhim:

Anyway, it's pretty good. In fact I should have bought this instead of Sacred 2. It's a very old school RPG complete with all the standard cliches and plays a lot like NWN and Baldur's Gate. Graphics are simply beautiful and the environments/character models remind me a lot of Fable II. Extra credit for the music, great mix of folk tunes and orchestral. It's good to play a proper RPG with a gazillion stats to manage and a hardcore d20-based combat system especially after playing many of the recent oversimplified RPGs. It's great to see that lesser known studios and developers can make such polished games.

I will definitely pick up a copy of the game if I can find it.

Wow! I'm getting really hooked on this game! Very addictive stuff. The quests are pretty good and the customization is just limitless. The best part is the party management, it's implemented very well. The combat can be quite tough at times. Has anyone fought the "Evil Tree" yet? Man I was fighting that thing for half an hour...

Damn! Now I'm freakin' addicted to this game... It has all the cliches that you'd expect from an European RPG but it's very addictive. Who else (besides john117) is playing this? Need more people to discuss!

^^ Not sure but I'm pretty sure that it should run on PCs that are around 3 years old. It's not much of a system hogger but still looks very nice.

But beware that it's a very old school D&D based RPG which means a certain knowledge of the basics is required. The combat is not hack and slash but turn based (although presented as real time) and can get pretty tough at times.

Basics such as how the combat works based on numbers and not skill. How attack and parry play out and how armour affects these. Also how attribute boosts can affect certain abilities temporarily. Also, all the classes in the game are mostly set in stone so you'll always want a well rounded party instead of characters with similar attributes and abilities. Apart from character building and combat, the rest of the game is very accessible for those familiar with newer lesser complex RPGs like Oblivion and Fallout 3.

Screw every other game that is out at the moment... this game is OMGBBQROXXRZZZ!!!!

Seriously, I'm sitting here in my office and daydreaming about my adventures in Aventuria tonight!

• 3 weeks later...

Gamespot is meh. It's an awesome game... been playing it for weeks now.

Need more old school RPGs like these.

The camera isn't as bad as they say...anyone who has played WoW or any other MMORPG will feel right at home with it. And it's certainly not as bad as NWN2.

Gamespot is meh. It's an awesome game... been playing it for weeks now.

Need more old school RPGs like these.

The camera isn't as bad as they say...anyone who has played WoW or any other MMORPG will feel right at home with it. And it's certainly not as bad as NWN2.

U hated NWN2???i loved it man the story was superb i felt n gameplay too was ok for me oh btw u can buy this game on steam

Archived