Lost Planet: Extreme Condition

vinitwins

woohooo! lost planet has it all - from the corny story & dialogue (capcom cant let go of their jap roots), to the fast loading times (different areas of a level), to the absolute fantastic BOSS battles (almost reminds me of old school platform games).

still on mission 3, but as that jingle goes: 'im loving it!'

V

ps: had played the test multiplayer demo, never quite liked it. tried the multiplayer in the full release, still dont like it!

woohooo! lost planet has it all - from the corny story & dialogue (capcom cant let go of their jap roots), to the fast loading times (different areas of a level), to the absolute fantastic BOSS battles (almost reminds me of old school platform games).

still on mission 3, but as that jingle goes: 'im loving it!'

V

ps: had played the test multiplayer demo, never quite liked it. tried the multiplayer in the full release, still dont like it!

Yes, initially it does feel like a superb game. But the gameplay becomes old somewhere near the halfway mark. And the boss battles though looks wise keep getting more fantastic, they also keep becoming more and more tedious. Some boss battles later on are very frustrating. Also I couldn't make head or tail out of the story.

It started of as a very impressive game, but I got really bored and frustrated by the end. But a great game to show off the Xbox 360's processing power ;)

Allowed in a rephrase :P

This is one of the few games I still play online

Lost Planet

BFMC2

Rainbow Six Vegas

The boss battles are annoying but every challenging on the hardest difficulty. I have played through the story at least 3 times and it usually 7-8 hrs to complete.

@V Message me on XBL if you are stuck.

I agree with most of you guys. The game starts off are really awesome, then goes to good, then average and by the end quite tedious.

The in between fights especially with human enemies are kinda boring. The boss battles are great though! I still remember I spent a full two hours trying to kill the "Green Eye". It always used to kill me when it had about 10% of life left on it. Now I'm stuck at that big Spider boss on Mission 10 (??) I think. I just cannot bring him down before my Thermal Energy depletes.

I agree with most of you guys. The game starts off are really awesome, then goes to good, then average and by the end quite tedious.

The in between fights especially with human enemies are kinda boring. The boss battles are great though! I still remember I spent a full two hours trying to kill the "Green Eye". It always used to kill me when it had about 10% of life left on it. Now I'm stuck at that big Spider boss on Mission 10 (??) I think. I just cannot bring him down before my Thermal Energy depletes.

The Green Eye took me several tries too. The trick is to initially pound away at him by jetting to one of the ledges and collect the T-Eng from the tanks up there. Once thats done, use the central partition as a shield and keep running around it while blowing away at the big GE.

Any tips for that Giant Spider? The one where you have to shoot off the legs and pound away at his back when he falls.

I am using the Spider Mech and it's pretty strong. There are also a couple of other mechs around, so weapons are not a problem. Actually I end up dying not because the boss kills me but my thermal energy goes out. There are only about three tanks of TE in the area and the boss doesn't drop much either.

There is also a boss which was pathetically easy. The big spider mech that you face in the mission before the spider akrid boss. He managed to kill me several times but then I accidentely picked up the Grenade Launcher attachment and he was down in about 4-5 hits from the GL! It was crazy.

Any tips for that Giant Spider? The one where you have to shoot off the legs and pound away at his back when he falls.

I am using the Spider Mech and it's pretty strong. There are also a couple of other mechs around, so weapons are not a problem. Actually I end up dying not because the boss kills me but my thermal energy goes out. There are only about three tanks of TE in the area and the boss doesn't drop much either.

If you are really good with the rocket launcher, try that attachment since it does the necessary damage in the shortest possible time. But beware, since this bugger is quick, you may mis quite often and the horrible framerate during this battle doesn't help matters much. I used the rockets to dmage the legs and the grenades on his back. When they run out, the lasers are your best friend, but once again, accuracy is very important. here.

I know man! the camera is all over the place during this battle! And damn TE keeps running out!

Anyway, I'll give it another shot this weekend I guess.

@neo, yeah GameFAQs is always the last resort! But I usually go there when I am REALLY desperate for a solution. I did check the guides for LP though. Most of them explain the basics of how the beat the bosses but some bosses are trickier than others. Besides my interest level in the game had horribly gone down by the time I came to this boss.

Its not just the camera. The engine churns out so man polygons in that enclosed space and there's so much happening with that Spider and its webbing and the explosions that the hardware just cant keep up. The framerate can really stutter in this battle.

• 1 month later...

Lost Planet PS3 Burns My Eyes

From Kotaku

http://kotaku.com/gaming/jaggies/lost-plan...thes-313525.php

-1.jpeg

To be fair, Lost Planet for PS3 still has plenty of time before its TBA 2008 release date. But this mech looks just plain bad. Please Lost Planet, don't live up to that worse on the PS3 than it was on Xbox 360 stereotype. It's not too late to either change your ways or admit that the screenshot contains elements from an unannounced PSP version.

Screenshot Gallery

Archived