Lost Planet 2

Tyler

LOST PLANET 2

Developer/Publisher: Capcom

Genre: Shooter

Platforms: Xbox 360, ??

Release Date: TBA

Lost Planet 2 is a sequel to the 2007 shooter Lost Planet. Not much is known yet about the sequel except for the official announcement trailer which made it's debut on XBox Live on Feb. 24.

Official Announcement Trailer:

think its gonna be much better than the 1st!keeping my fingers crossed.hope they tone down the difficulty a bit.

cheers.

pls tellme ur joking, every review describes this game as tooo easy even in the hard difficulty, execpt for some boss fights everything else is ok. I played this on hard and i fell they should make it a bit more realistic. Oh and they should also include a 4player co-op like they showed i nthe trailer where u can climb on the akrids backs and take them out.

Towards the end this game got really tough. I think this is the only xbox 360 game that I haven't completed. The boss fights are visually amazing but some of them are irritatingly tough and coupled with the weird controls the game got really frustrating towards the end.

There is this boss fight with a giant spider or something - who keeps spinning a web in which you get stuck. That's where I gave up. I also remember that in some levels the checkpoints were very unevenly placed. Like i think this spider level there was no checkpoint before the boss fight. If you died during the boss fight you had to start the level over :cheers:. I mean WTF!

Also during combat if you got knocked down the character would take an eternity to get back up during which time you'd be totally vulnerable.

But graphics-wise this game really was amazing. I think the explosions in this game are still among the best.

^^ Spot on on the explosions.

The spider boss fight is probably the most challenging one on the game. Took me 3 tries to get through. Matters are not helped by the shaky framerate during this particular battle. It does take some luck to win this one.

pls tellme ur joking, every review describes this game as tooo easy even in the hard difficulty, execpt for some boss fights everything else is ok. I played this on hard and i fell they should make it a bit more realistic.

well,i know the game is easy but i meant to say that at times it does get very frustrating.mostly due to improper camera angles & aiming.

"Then there are the parts of the handling that no amount of practice can fix. For some reason, you can't point your gun straight up in the air. With plenty of enemies in the game requiring you to attack them as they fly or stand above you, this oversight requires you to constantly back pedal as you try to get your barrel pointed at their weak point that sits above your head. This same limitation applies to your anchor, preventing you from grappling straight up. Another thing that will surely make your blood boil is the slow, drawn out animations for falling and standing up. It wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that it gives the enemies a nice chance to swarm and gang-stomp you to death while you watch your character get bounced around on the screen helpless."-IGN

cheers.

Just saw a higher res version of the announcement trailer.

The graphics look fantastic. The explosions discolour the whole screen and momentarily skew your perspective. The post processing effects are excellent.

And did you see the size of that croc boss ? :wallbash:

I didn't find the game terribly easy either. The difficulty was just right. But seriously, getting up after getting knocked down was a big pain...

Don't forget the brutal checkpointing.

Archived