Empire: Total War

RiCkY

I'm dying to get my hands on Empire: Total War, i played the demo and loved every bit of it.........but what i wanted to know was when will it officially launch in India, and more preferably at what price.

Total war games :( reminds me of my PC days :ranting: , the true RTS game's in the market, i still remember playing shgun total war and rome total war........too bad i cant play any of them now, shifted to consoles and Notebook aint powerful enough to play it :( ........

EDIT: following is the system requirement for playing the game

2.4Ghz single core processor

256MB Graphics card (DX9 compatible)

1GB RAM (For XP, 2GB if using Vista)

i have the graphics card and 3 gb ram in the notebook but the processor is 2.00ghz c2d, p7350. will it be able to play the game, i mean is the 2.00ghz c2d processor>2.4ghz single core processor?

IVG Offer? I hope they price it (around the 1000 mark..

maybe, if there is interest...unfortunately im not very good at gauging orders for RTS games since i dont know how popular they are

and im sure it will be lower than 1000...699 is a safe bet

peace

Sold if its 699.

Probably sold even if its 1000. Its getting stellar reviews all around.

Bit of an RTS overload the coming few weeks. Also heard that this uses steam authentication, TBH I would rather have had EAs online activation.

Total war games :D reminds me of my PC days :devil: , the true RTS game's in the market, i still remember playing shgun total war and rome total war........too bad i cant play any of them now, shifted to consoles and Notebook aint powerful enough to play it :( ........

EDIT: following is the system requirement for playing the game

2.4Ghz single core processor

256MB Graphics card (DX9 compatible)

1GB RAM (For XP, 2GB if using Vista)

i have the graphics card and 3 gb ram in the notebook but the processor is 2.00ghz c2d, p7350. will it be able to play the game, i mean is the 2.00ghz c2d processor>2.4ghz single core processor?

you should be able to play.

maybe, if there is interest...unfortunately im not very good at gauging orders for RTS games since i dont know how popular they are

and im sure it will be lower than 1000...699 is a safe bet

peace

In that case it's a day 1 buy then.I've never actually played a game in this series...this will be my first one. It looks a lot like civilization so I guess I will like it.

Off topic:If only console games are similarly priced,I'm sure almost all piracy will die.(I actually thought of downloading the game,but the size turned me off and the price is nice too.)

you should be able to play.

i think i'll wait for the recommended system requirements b4 ordering this one.........its going to be my step back in PC games and it would be disheartening to see the game labour through each and every frame :doh:

i was under the impression this was a THQ game, which is why i said Rs 999....its sega and i confirmed the price will be 999

the game has already arrived, packaging is left, so should be available soon....whats the worldwide release date?

IVG Offer? :naughty:

peace

i was under the impression this was a THQ game, which is why i said Rs 999....its sega and i confirmed the price will be 999

the game has already arrived, packaging is left, so should be available soon....whats the worldwide release date?

IVG Offer? :naughty:

peace

It released on 3rd March in North America, and Australia on the 5th, Europe should be around the same time but got no idea about the Asian release date.......my source was Gamespot.

I hope there is a IVG Offer for this :band:

IVG Offer? :P

peace

do it mate, its going for around 27-34 pounds over here :P .........if my system is able to run it , i will definetly buy it from IVG Offer :P

EDIT: have started the download, will let my order status be known by tmorrow

Taken from Total war's homepage........

Marathas

The Maratha Empire or Confederacy was born in violence, as the result of the successful overthrow of Mughal rule less than a generation ago. Raja (king) Shivaji managed to gain control of the Pune region, and from then Mughal power was no longer invincible. As might be expected, the Mughals and the Marathas still nurse a dislike for each other.

Unlike the foreign (in origin) Mughals, the Maratha rulers are Indian princes and kings. They know the value of the Indian way of doing things, of the age-old strength of their lands. Their armies may look old fashioned, possibly quaint, to foreign eyes but that makes them no less effective. The empire exists solely because it has the military strength to withstand the Mughal threat.

Perhaps now, though, it is time to think of expansion. It may no longer be enough to hold off the Mughals; perhaps they should be driven from India altogether, and a new empire with Indian rulers established. Perhaps only Indians truly have the ability to withstand the Europeans who are starting to demand much of India. For now, the Europeans want only money and trade, but soon they will be after concessions, a little piece of land here, another piece there, until all is ruled by foreigners from across the sea. Unless a strong hand guides India, it is possible that the rule of Mughal outsiders will be replaced by the lordship of European outsiders.

And perhaps, one day, a Maratha could demand concessions from a European, in his lands…

JAI JAI MAHARASHTRA MAZA!!!!!!!!!!! :)

just played the demo, i think i ll pass on this one...............the system requirement is too high on this one ,my system specs are medium for a notebook but the problem is, whenever i tried to reduce the screen resolution size from maximum to medium or minimum, the game automatically crashes.dont know whether its a problem with the demo version or my system configuration.

Archived