Rune Factory Frontier

Emo-Iwata

Rune Factory Frontier

NABOX.jpg

Nintendo Wii

Developer - Neverland Co

Publisher - (JP) Marvelous Entertainment, (NA) XSEED Games, (EU) Rising Star Games

Release Dates

Japan - November 27, 2008

North America - March 17th

Europe - October 2009

RuneFactoryFanboy's FAQ

What is Rune Factory?

Rune Factory is an offshoot of the Harvest Moon series. It takes all the aspects of that series, such as Farming, Marriage, Festivals, and combines it with a Hack'n'Slash RPG. This creates a wonderful gameplay cycle as the two gameplay types build on each other.

Do I need to play the previous titles?

I would say no. This title does seem to be a sequel of some sorts from the first DS game, but I wouldn't say its crucial to play it.

I hated Harvest Moon, will I enjoy Rune Factory?

Perhaps. The action RPG sections of this series does make for a more interesting, more fun game, but you can't avoid the farming. A lot of game time will still be spent farming, raising animals, courting beautiful women just like in Harvest Moon.

I was a fan of Harvest Moon back in the SNES and N64 days but recent HM games were lackluster and stale, is Rune Factory any different?

Dear goodness yes. As a big fan of the original I felt many of the sequels that followed failed to capture that addicting, interesting gameplay I came to love. Within a few hours of playing the first DS game I said out loud "finally, this is the HM sequel I've been waiting for". If you were a fan of the original games and have lost interest along the way then you need to check out Rune Factory. There is a reason my username is RuneFactoryFanboy.

from the official site

Story

A familiar face in an unknown land…

In search of a missing girl, our hero stumbles upon the frontier town of Trampoli. Here he finds the object of his search but his task doesn’t end there. In this mysterious town inhabited by spirits called Runeys and shadowed by a gigantic flying whale island, he must start life anew.

Farmer, explorer, warrior…

In this idyllic setting our hero can pursue various trades (farming, forging, crafting, cooking, etc.), explore the town and the floating island above, or seek out adventure in the dungeons. Over time the town will grow, as do the number of inhabitants. Shopkeepers, farmers, tavern masters, and craftsmen; all are ready to be our hero’s friends, enemies, and maybe more. However, trouble in the sky above soon interrupts our hero’s new life. What is this ominous power that threatens such a peaceful town? How will he protect his friends, his love and the village that has become his home…

World

Trampoli

A rural village of the frontier founded by Sister Stella. Trampoli may be a countryside town, but it boasts stores, an inn/tavern, a blacksmith, a library, and many other facilities. Charming and imbued with a sense of peace so tangible that it takes the form of Runeys, it is an ideal place to call home

Whale Island

Features of Whale Island

There is a mysterious island that floats above Trampoli. On this flying marvel of nature are many fierce monsters and hazardous terrains, so it is designated as a dangerous place.

How to go to Whale Island

Located somewhere in Trampoli is a tiny sprout with big potential. If watered, it can grow to become a giant beanstalk and will open the way to Whale Island for your exploration.

Passage of Time on Whale Island

Excluding special situations such as boss fights, time will progress normally on Whale Island. However, when it becomes 5AM, you will be forces back home and it will be 10AM on the next day when you wake up.

Features

Life-like Interactions – Pursuing relationships with NPC characters may lead to friendship, or even love and marriage. The more you interact with the townsfolk the more prosperous the village becomes and the more newcomers will be attracted to it.

Dynamic Ecosystem – Cultivate and harvest crops on fields strewn throughout the game. Growing crops attracts Runeys (spirits) which live symbiotically with fertile land. Catching Runeys and releasing them on your land and around the town creates an interactive environment that will affect the growth time and quality of the plants you produce

Dungeons, dungeons, dungeons – Varied dungeons are secreted about the game area and a very special one soars right above your head if only you can reach it… Filled with areas to explore, creatures to fight or tame, and rare items to collect, they can be an adventurer’s dream or a brave farmer’s greatest resource for special crops. Seek your fortune or battle to your heart’s content.

Intuitive Wii Controls – Use the Wii Remote and Nunchuk to do everything! Till the land, swing your sword, even knock on your neighbor’s door. (Also compatible with the Classic Controller.)

r006.jpg

r005.jpg

r004.jpg

r001.jpg

Archived