FIFA 10

TheDribbler

FIFA 10

Developer: EA Canada

Publisher: EA

Release Date: October 2nd, 2009

Genre: Sports

Platforms: PS2, PlayStation Portable, Wireless, PlayStation 3, Nintendo DS, iPhone, Xbox 360, Wii, PC

First Fifa10 Details

Over at the official FIFA forum, the next-gen Gameplay Producer for FIFA 10 (Santiago Jaramillo) has posted a list of what we can expect from the game. From what we’ve been told the list of features that will be included has now been “locked down”, meaning that the new features have been decided upon

Manager Mode:

Many of you have suggested several improvements for Manager Mode in FIFA 10. While we won’t be able to address all of them this year, I can tell you that many of the issues you mentioned will be solved for FIFA 10. We know that Manager Mode is one the most important in the game, and as such it received a lot of attention from the development team this year. This means having more realistic results in sim matches (i.e. more realistic league table); having a more compelling transfer system; improved atmosphere, player growth, and many more. In the end, it is a matter of prioritizing and have a plan that will continue to improve MM not just in FIFA 10, but in all the FIFAs to come.

Flick Passes:

We are constantly trying to improve our passing system, and part of it is adding variety. Last year we implemented swerve on through balls, so that skilled passers could play more effective through balls. Flick passes are definitely part of the game. What we have to ask ourselves is whether we want them to be contextual (such as back heel passes in the game right now) or using the R1 or RB modifier.

Ball Physics:

We made changes to the ball physics last year, and it became what I think is the most realistic ball behaviour in-air that we have had. However, there were a few problems that we did not have time to fix, such as the ball bouncing too fast after it hits a player. We are working this year to polish this feature and fix issues such as this.

Defensive Line Height:

We always need to have a balance between defending and attacking. At the moment, the attacking team has an edge when it comes to ground and lofted through balls. I think part of the problem is that the defensive line defends too high at times, and that our lofted through balls are too accurate. We are definitely aware of this issue and we hope that it will be much improved for FIFA 10.

General Gameplay:

As I mentioned before, there is only so much we can do in one development cycle, so we won’t be able to address all of the concerns at once. That said, in FIFA 10 we hope you get a much better gameplay experience through improvements in all of our areas: CPU AI, set pieces, physical play, defending, positioning, goalkeeping, etc…

Source

i frankly think FIFA 09 is their best..

truely super to play and i have no complaints.

also, i think they should've included Ultimate Team in 20-10 instead of 09.

i frankly think FIFA 09 is their best..

truely super to play and i have no complaints.

also, i think they should've included Ultimate Team in 20-10 instead of 09.

I like to see Ultimate team mode included in FIFA 10 not as DLC for it too.

I like to see Ultimate team mode included in FIFA 10 not as DLC for it too.

UT is so frickin addictive.... :naughty: Itz a huge success already..and i don't see no reason for it not being bunlded with FIFA10 rite outta da box !!!!

seems like this is more 'evolutionary' than 'revolutionary' unlike fifa 09 .. more like fifa 2009.5 ... EA has to be one of the greediest developers out there no doubt ...

unfortunately, ill still end up buying both the ps3 and 360 versions :naughty:

i really hope instead of makin another game for the world cup they should include WC mode in this game itself.....any news on that front? have they announced a World Cup game?

never gonna happen. money my dear friend.

The crossing has always been a problem since fifa 08... its just too difficult to execute... so most people would prefer through balls and short passes... And there never has been two revolutionary fifa's in a row... This doesn't look like changing that...

Defensive Line Height:

We always need to have a balance between defending and attacking. At the moment, the attacking team has an edge when it comes to ground and lofted through balls. I think part of the problem is that the defensive line defends too high at times, and that our lofted through balls are too accurate. We are definitely aware of this issue and we hope that it will be much improved for FIFA 10.

i am gonna have many 0-0 scores from nxt year then :wallbash:

seems like this is more 'evolutionary' than 'revolutionary' unlike fifa 09 .. more like fifa 2009.5 ... EA has to be one of the greediest developers out there no doubt ...

cant really fault them as the games sell.

I hav found a way to bypass this.. for the annual sports title, I always skip and buy alternatively.. I got FIFA 06, skipped 07, got 08 and it felt really new and improved to me.. didnt get 09, will now get 2010 so it will feel really unique

I hav found a way to bypass this.. for the annual sports title, I always skip and buy alternatively.. I got FIFA 06, skipped 07, got 08 and it felt really new and improved to me.. didnt get 09, will now get 2010 so it will feel really unique

:doh: u have missed the best ones till date .... 07 and 09 are the best they have managed

Archived