Rock Band Unplugged

bubblehead

Rock Band Unplugged

Developed By : Harmonix and Backbone Entertainment

Genre : Music

Available For : PSP

Release Date : 9th June, 2009

There's been a gentle trickle of information, but today it's exploded into a veritable gush – Rock Band Unplugged, the handheld iteration of Harmonix's phenomenally successful rhythm game, is official, and EA has supplied a world of new information about the game.

Releasing simultaneously in Europe and North America on June 9, Rock Band Unplugged is being developed by Harmonix alongside Backbone Entertainment, who have previously cut their conversion chops on the likes of Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix and the PSP version of Everyday Shooter.

In place of peripherals, players now have direct control over guitars, drums and vocals – ensuring that the game will be a throwback to Harmonix's pre-rock fare Amplitude and Frequency.

Nine PSP only songs make up the 40 plus set list, with 3 Doors Down's 'Kryptonite', AFI's 'Miss Murder', Alice in Chains' 'Would?', Audioslave's 'Gasoline', Black Tide's 'Show Me the Way', Blink 182's 'What's My Age Again', Freezepop's 'Less Talk More Rokk', Jackson 5's 'ABC' and Tenacious D's 'Rock Your Socks' all exclusive to the handheld.

Further songs will be available via an in-game downloadable content store, a first for the PSP. MTV Games' Bob Picunko seems suitably excited saying "Rock Band Unplugged reinvents band gameplay while staying true to the authentic feel of the Rock Band console games. Harmonix delivers innovation with every game they develop and we are excited to continue our long-list of industry firsts with the Rock Band in-game wireless music store on the PSP system."

We'll have more on the game in the very near future, but in the meantime quench your curiosity by having a peek at the very first screens and at the PSP bundle featuring Rock Band Unplugged, the system, a 4GB memory stick, and School of Rock on UMD.

rockbandunplugged200904.jpg

rockbandunplugged200904s.jpg

rockbandunplugged200904g.jpg

rockbandunplugged200904grj.jpg

rockbandunplugged200904l.jpg

SOURCE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

finally,we get to jam on the go. :furious::nerves:

would be interesting to see how they implement the controls.

i personally would like it to be this way.

this seems to me the only possible way to play this games without dropping your psp while hitting multiple notes.

pspskype1.jpg

plz note that this is my own scheme. :nerves:

• 2 months later...

Archived