Nier

KnackChap

Developer: Cavia

Peublisher: Square-Enix

Release: 2010

Platforms: Ps3, 360, PC

Nothing is as it seems in Square Enix's latest action adventure game, set in a crumbling world plagued by disease and dark, unrecognizable creatures. Players assume the role of the unyielding protagonist, NIER, resolute in his quest to discover a cure for his daughter, who is infected with the Black Scrawl virus. With powerful allies and a mysterious book, NIER encounters things that will confound even the mightiest of warriors.

1.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I am not sure if this is the thread for the game or its the other one but this is kinda lolworthy. So apparently Joystiq was gonna review it and they have decided to not do it anymore. Why? Check it out -

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/03/nier-review-fail/

:punk:

I just cant believe sh*t like this makes the cut. As a developer how can you look at that and go "Yeah thats a good idea, people will enjoy that."

Actually this video reminds me a lot of AVGN's videos. Except the games there are much shittier and the swear words more creative. :gunsmilie:

JS :samui:

Joystiq noobs. :chair:

I thought it was pretty obvious that GB > JS :bash:

Even that guys voice in the original video is annoying.

Some people should not review JRPGs and that goes for any genre. A certain amount of exposure to the genre being reviewed is required. Imagine someone who hasn't played action RPGs going into Demon's Souls. He will give up at 1-1.

He is even trying to defend himself in the comments section, saying he's been playing games for 25 years etc. Good thing he posted the video, kinda makes you wonder about the way these guys play and review JRPGs.

What does a horribly shitty mini game mechanic have to do with JRPGs reviews? Would this be anymore more acceptable in a action game? Or a platformer?

The thing is that the mini game mechanic is not horrible, its just the person playing here being a big noob and doing the wrong thing for an hour. Its not the game's fault he was not able to navigate to a place marked with a red x on the map and complete a mini game which took everyone else 30 seconds or so.

Archived