Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hsdhariwal

Help Getting Online through WiFi

11 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I have a broadband connection from You Telecom (requires username/password, everytime I connect). I wanted to connect my Wii through it.

I plan to go the wireless way and will invest in the D-Link router required, but I am not sure if You telecom - username/password type connections are supported. I am based out of Mumbai and willing to change my broadband to connect Wii.

Woul appreciate if people here can help me out based on their experience.

Cheers

^^ I have no idea about the Wii but you can use the router even if you have to connect using Username/Password. You'll just have to enter the username and password in the router settings and the router will automatically connect to the internet.

Hi Guys,

I have a broadband connection from You Telecom (requires username/password, everytime I connect). I wanted to connect my Wii through it.

I plan to go the wireless way and will invest in the D-Link router required, but I am not sure if You telecom - username/password type connections are supported. I am based out of Mumbai and willing to change my broadband to connect Wii.

Woul appreciate if people here can help me out based on their experience.

Cheers

Do you mean PPPOE user/pwd or you are using a special dialer which requires a user/pwd or you need to connect to a website and authenticate yourself?

IN first case, your router might be able to do this, for 2nd, you are in luck if you can change settings for yuor modem from bridge to PPPOE, for 3rd no option...

Do you mean PPPOE user/pwd or you are using a special dialer which requires a user/pwd or you need to connect to a website and authenticate yourself?
:D some ISPs ask you to do that ?? :thumbdown:

IN first case, your router might be able to do this, for 2nd, you are in luck if you can change settings for yuor modem from bridge to PPPOE, for 3rd no option...

Thanks for your reply Shantz/Pra2veen.

I meant PPOE user/pwd.

Do you guys use a connection which requires a PPOE user/pwd. Sorry for these basic questions.

I meant PPOE user/pwd.

Do you guys use a connection which requires a PPOE user/pwd. Sorry for these basic questions.

I use a Belkin router which has an option of storing username and password

but my connection doesn't require it

I meant PPOE user/pwd.

yup.... I use airtel broadband

edit: and a Linksys WRT54G router

Edited by pra2veen