The Sales Charts Thread

• 2 weeks later...

1. Madden NFL 13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSV) Electronic Arts

2. Borderlands 2 (360, PS3, PC) Take Two Interactive - 1.48M (up 234% over Borderlands 1)

3. FIFA Soccer 13 (360, Ps3, PSV, Wii, 3DS, PSP) Electronic Arts

4. New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS) Nintendo - 295K

5. Guild Wars 2 (PC) NCSoft

6. NHL 13 (360, PS3) Electronic Arts

7. World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria (PC) Activision Blizzard

8. NCAA Footbal 13 (360, PS3) Electronic Arts

9. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Wii, 360, NDS, PS3, 3DS, PSV, PC) Warner Bros. Interactive

10. Battlefield 3 (360, PS3, PC) Electronic Arts

Hardware:

Xbox 360: 270K (-38.4%)

Nice month !

3D fightas bomba?? Terrible for TTT2 and DOA5 , but its kinda expected after how SCV bombed , and a game like SFxT can get into march top 10 after soo much negativity.

Tekken needs a reboot. Every entry in the franchise has gone at least 2m+ even the ports/spinoffs and portable ones. This one I doubt will go over 1m

the npd charts are so irrelevant now. they don't give numbers, they don't track digital distribution and their ranks only apply if you consider 1 country. we already know borderlands 2 had over 2 million pre-orders so who cares if it sold 1.5 at retail in america? fifa is probably blowing everything else out of the water but it's tracking no. 3 here. and they just lump up 5-6 platforms together. how does anyone analyze anything useful from this data?

NPD only tracks America.... thats like saying media create is useless coz it only tracks japan.

I dont think any of these providers track digital distribution and Fifa is less because well its USA.

I agree that not being able to track digital doesnt show the true sales of the game especially this gen , but I think only the platform will have access to that data.

we already know borderlands 2 had over 2 million pre-orders so who cares if it sold 1.5 at retail in america?

what? I dont get what you are trying to say :ko:

How is all of it irrelevant.

Edit : Also wasn't the preorder number worldwide? So a 1.5m sell through in america is pretty impressive?

Sony never reveal their hardware's pathetic numbers

Atleast MS does thru Major Nelson

NPD is waste nowadays

Media create reveals numbers of almost all the Softwares and Hardwares

Digital sales are most in US compared to other countries , so we miss a significant number of sales

Good Borderlands 2 sales anyway

Sony never reveal their hardware's pathetic numbers

http://t.co/HdAQ3lLG

PS3 tops 5 million units in the UK

SCEE this morning sent out an announcement that the PlayStation 3 has officially topped 5 million units sold in the UK. That’s a pretty healthy milestone even if it may be a bit below what the company was hoping for at this point.

So out of 50 million, only 5 million in UK? :eyebrow:

how does anyone analyze anything useful from this data?

subscribers get the nos. Just that they are not disclosed in press releases.

I am not quite sure about DDLs, does Valve ever disclose the nos?

Btw, gamasutra says Mark of ninja sold 52k and Joe Danger 2 just 6k. :|

RE6 first week sales compared to RE5 in japan.

RE6

PlayStation3 : 634,933

Xbox360 : 41,652

Total : 676,585

RE5

PlayStation3 : 319,590

Xbox360 : 79,157

Total : 398,747

I guess in japan the only review that matters is from Famitsu , who rated this game a near perfect 39/40. Good for u capcom.

http://www.examiner.com/article/resident-evil-6-first-week-sales-compared-to-resident-evil-5-japan

NPD only tracks America.... thats like saying media create is useless coz it only tracks japan.

I dont think any of these providers track digital distribution and Fifa is less because well its USA.

I agree that not being able to track digital doesnt show the true sales of the game especially this gen , but I think only the platform will have access to that data.

what? I dont get what you are trying to say :ko:

How is all of it irrelevant.

Edit : Also wasn't the preorder number worldwide? So a 1.5m sell through in america is pretty impressive?

i'm just saying, there are too many modifiers to the data for them to give the average person any kind of useful information. the basic question you'd have is how many units did borderlands 2 sell? the answer you get is missing an entire distribution channel and is limited to a single country. you already know borderlands 2 has sold 2 million+, so finding out that it sold 1.5 million without counting digital distribution in this one country tells you... what?

subscribers get the nos. Just that they are not disclosed in press releases.

I am not quite sure about DDLs, does Valve ever disclose the nos?

i wonder if subscribers get sales numbers for other publisher's games. i suppose they do, otherwise they wouldn't need npd at all. valve doesn't release any information at all, and they have strict ndas in place forbidding anyone to talk about sales numbers. they only give the publisher of a game information about their own games, so the publisher can't even know how the sales of other games are going. as of now, only valve really knows how big the pc market is.

^^ Not really , Famitsu gives every AAA game 39/40..... RE6 sold because of RE name and PS3 install base increase.

Not really , this game is selling like cake in the UK aswell , second to only FIFA13 ( in EU regions fifa will always rule) .Big names will always sell but re6 is a very good game nonetheless. In the end capcom wins , haters loose.

UK individual formats chart – 6 October

1 (1) FIFA 13 (360)

2 (2) FIFA 13 (PS3)

3 (-) Resident Evil 6 (360)

4 (-) Resident Evil 6 (PS3)

5 (3) Borderlands 2 (360)

6 (-) Just Dance 4 (Wii)

7 (5) Borderlands 2 (PS3)

8 (6) F1 2012 (360)

9 (13)The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (360)

10(7) F1 2012 (PS3)

UK multiformat charts – 6 October

1 (1) FIFA 13 (PS2/Wii/360/PS3/PC/PSP/3DS/PSV)

2 (-) Resident Evil 6 (360/PS3)

3 (2) Borderlands 2 (360/PS3/PC)

4 (-) Just Dance 4 (Wii/Kinect/Move)

5 (3) F1 2012 (360/PS3/PC)

6 (-) NBA 2K13 (Wii/360/PS3/PSP)

7 (7) Rocksmith (360/PS3)

8 (8)The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (360/PS3/PC)

9 (5) Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 (360/PS3/PC)

10(6) Sleeping Dogs (360/PS3/PC)

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/914396-resident-evil-6-denied-uk-number-one-by-fifa-13#ixzz29Am2AZJN

With the holiday season right around the corner, consumers are eagerly awaiting the latest video-game releases—a list that varies considerably by console, according to the Nielsen Game Rank for Q4 2012. Halo 4 continues to rank highest for Xbox 360 gamers, while Call of Duty: Black Ops II is an extremely close second for Xbox 360 (0.25% behind), and also tops the PS3 list. Just Dance 4 still provides the greatest degree of allure for Wii gamers.

NBA 2K13 and WWE ’13 rank in the top six and top eight, respectively, for all three current-generation consoles (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii). And while not releasing on Wii, Assassin’s Creed III and Resident Evil 6 rank between 96 to 98 percent for both Xbox 360 and PS3. The new reboot of Need For Speed: Most Wanted also lands in the top six titles for both of those consoles as well.

Apart from Halo 4, the other first-party exclusive title from Microsoft cracking the top ten for Xbox 360 is Fable: The Journey, while Sony’s exclusive LittleBigPlanet Karting rounds out the top ten for PS3. Transformers Prime: The Game hits the top ten for Wii, and though it is not exclusive to Wii, it is offered only on Nintendo platforms.

Holiday 2012's most anticipated game.

http://t.co/8aqJvZZn

Xbox 360 “Operating Income” Down 94% Year On Year

Microsoft has revealed its figures for the first (financial) quarter of 2013, and they don’t make pretty reading for investors. Despite reasonable sales of 1.7 million consoles in the three month period, that’s actually down from 2.3 million in the same period last year.

Likewise, revenue for the Xbox 360 dropped over $400 million (that’s about 24$ down, year on year) and operating income fell to just $19 million, down 94%.

Microsoft cite a lack of big AAA games in the comparable time period. “Video game revenue decreased primarily due to the release of Gears of War 3 in the first quarter of fiscal year 2012 with no comparable major releases in the first quarter of fiscal year 2013,” said the company.

No ..

MS first quarter is July-September

Gears 3 released in Q1 2012 (September)

Q2 2013 will be huge because of Halo 4 , Forza horizon , Fable journey

Btw it's entertainment division whose income is down 94%

Xbox revenue was down 24%

Good to see that Xbox division is still making profits unlike Playstation division which posted staggering losses last quarter

The overall revenue was pretty much flat compared to last quarter i.e. 1.95 billion

Archived