The Tennis Thread

The Assassin

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

I think Rafa’s experience will be more than enough to carry him through even if it’s a 5 setter

The way Rafa is getting tired these days, I wouldn’t be so sure. 

After playing for 2 hrs, his level drops immediately. It was already seen against Karen, Shapovalov and Berrettini. 

And the worst part, Medvedev excels in these lengthy 5 setters. Coz he’s a pusher and a servebot. 

Edited by Vamos
  • Sad 1

Rafa scripting a comeback for the ages. This man doesn't go down. What an incredible two sets to come back into the game. Med is looking a bit tired despite being much much younger. Kudos to Nadal. Goat.

22 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

Gotta feel for Med, he's playing against a crowd that's just going bonkers on every point Nadal wins. If he ends up beating Nadal, he will earn tons of new fans for sure. 

Agreed the crowd has been on Nadal's side since the start of the match (expected) but he is giving a tough fight. Whoever wins, the match has been brilliant. Med looks like he's given it his all and looks super tired. 

Edited by SuperT

Game is simple at this point. Med is too tired to move. He needs to finish his serve using aces cuz the moment it is a weak serve, Nadal is just killing it with those heavy forehands. Longer the rally goes, worse it is for med.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZooZoo said:

Game is simple at this point. Med is too tired to move. He needs to finish his serve using aces cuz the moment it is a weak serve, Nadal is just killing it with those heavy forehands. Longer the rally goes, worse it is for med.

Med is completely drained. Nadal has picked momentum if he wins this next game I think the match will swing in his favor. 

This reminds me so much of that Wimbledon classic where Roddick and Federrer played an absolute epic. Roddick won the first two, missed the match point in 3rd set tie breaker and then federrer came back in next two and by the 5th set he was exhausted but still put up a good fight to take it to tie breaker and broke down  in post match press.

Edited by ZooZoo
  • Like 1