The Tennis Thread

The Assassin

• 4 weeks later...

Muller beats Nadal 15-13 in the last set. 

I thought that play would be suspended without any result so I went to sleep after 12-12 . Turns out, should have stayed awake that little longer. 

This also means that Nadal has not progressed beyond the 4th round in Wimbledon since 2011. 

With Novac and Murray gone... isn't much resistance left against Federer now. Should sail through to another elegant win.

Unless of course, Berdych pulls out his best game so far, he has been playing really well so might just happen.

I'm eager to watch the Konta vs Venus match this evening, specially after watching Konta's fantastic game vs Halep a couple of days back.

Djokovic after retiring against his match last evening against Berdych...

The Serb said he would consider whether surgery was needed to fix the injury.

"I haven't felt this much pain since I've had this injury," said Djokovic.

"It's not the shoulder, it's the elbow that has kept bothering me for over a year and a half.

"I was able, for 30 minutes, to play with some pain that was bearable, but the serve and forehand were shots where I could feel it the most. After that, there was really no sense [in continuing]."

:(

Berdych played very well and still trying. Both sets Federer grinded till the end. But yeah, looks like it's over. 

Going to be Federer vs. Čilić. His first Wimbledon final. He faced Federer last year and bottled it after leading 2 sets.