The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Aftrunner

Wow, read the flaw analysis spreading last couple of pages :scratchchin:

I found the game quite amazing and enjoyable. Yes, its freaking hard and I had to reduce the difficulty to normal couple of times.

But I really luv this game. The combat system is not perfect but its not frustrating IMO. I thought its weird in the prologue but once my character got some upgrades, it got better.

Maybe I am concentrating too much on Potions + signs than real swordfight and it works fine for me. Currently in chapter 2 and already clocking 20 hours :bigyellowgrin:

I still thinks W1 combat is better than W2 but I can't say its bad. The combat is built for consoles for sure which is a small disappointment :fear:

TBH I'm finding the music in Witcher 2 quite underwhelming compared to the first. It's good but there aren't any tunes that stick with you after you quit.

Anyway, I'm almost at the end of Chapter 2 and WTF? I'm finding armor after armor... and I'm at a place where there aren't any merchants around so dumping most of the good stuff is my only option :wallbash:

the weight limit is killing me. 305 is what i've managed so far, and i usually go out to do quests or whatever with 280+ <_<. at the very least they could have given a chest to store armor, swords, mats etc.

the weight limit is killing me. 305 is what i've managed so far, and i usually go out to do quests or whatever with 280+ <_<. at the very least they could have given a chest to store armor, swords, mats etc.

You want 0 weight mod? :naughty: But use it on your second playthrough.

Destructoid gives The Witcher 2 a 6

That means the game according to jim sterling is worse than Brink and Dragon Age 2

Reached the first town the game has to offer. First thing geralt did - visit the brothel 100 orens for 2 secs of cut scene ? Temeria is way too expensive ! The story seems good so far....and the visuals, oh the visuals.... :wOOtjumpy:

BTW, how long does it take for the rest of the skill trees to be unlocked ? I'm at level 6 currently.

You want 0 weight mod? :naughty: But use it on your second playthrough.

i know about the mod dude. the thing is, the weight system does make sense, it's just that they should have designed it a bit better.

it's especially bad for pack rats like me who like to hang on to armor and swords. for example, i found the silver sword of kaer morhen in chapter 1. i'm already using a better sword, and about to craft an even better one than that when i get some silver. yet i don't want to let go of this one just because of the history that the name has. then there's also other named and crafted armor that i used at one point. would have liked to at least have a stash to keep these items even if i won't use them again in the game.

BTW they give you a room to stay in in Chapter 2 and it doesn't make any sense at all. There's no f**king storage chest or anything and its not like Geralt needs to sleep. Unlike the first game, he can meditate anywhere.

I'm pretty sure CDPR will come out with a free storage chest DLC sooner or later. I had to dump a lot of good stuff in Chapter 2.

Reached the first town the game has to offer. First thing geralt did - visit the brothel 100 orens for 2 secs of cut scene ? Temeria is way too expensive ! The story seems good so far....and the visuals, oh the visuals.... :wOOtjumpy:

BTW, how long does it take for the rest of the skill trees to be unlocked ? I'm at level 6 currently.

Level 7. Also brothels are pointless, way too expensive and the scenes are kinda meh. The best scene in the game is a part of the story.

Anyway, dwarves are freakin' hilarious! "My favorite form of magic - Lesbomancy"!

Archived