Resistance 3

Karooo

i liked R2 :censored:

i also had R1 along with motostorm when i first got the ps3... back then i wud get bored of playing it after 5 mins n kept switching.... it was only much later.. 4-5 months down the line that i actually got into the game :P

ah .... so much hope in this thread .... but remember ....

Hope is the physician of each misery. ~Irish Proverb

Hope deceives more men than cunning does. ~Vauvenargues, Reflections and Maxims, 1746

:bigyellowgrin:

So, they gonna release it with UC3 now......? :doh: .Iam 100% sure Rs 3 will fail commercially....just like previous tittles.

AC3,Bioshock infinite also in 2011 fall :P

MGS Rising nd LA Noire :P

Didn't you already say that in the other thread ?

Dunno why i think releasing so many BIG AAA exclusives in 1 year is not a good idea..This could hurt sales of games like Res 3 and Last Guardian.. I hope they give some space to Res 3.Twisted Metal and Last Guardian... Plus i don't have monies to buy so many exclusives :samui:

6 million ? ? lol... dude Res2 sales are near or less than 1m..it was a commercial failure.. whats your source ?...

You talking abt combine Res 1 & Res 2 sales or what ?

Here

Software sales data: UK gamers resist Resistance 2

According to Gamesindustry.biz, gamers in the UK are not buying into the whole Resistance 2 thing. It debuted on the British top ten charts in last place. The only other shooter on the charts, Call of Duty: World at War, reigns atop at number one.

Gamesindustry.biz notes that R2's debut sales only accounts for two-thirds that of the original Resistance: Fall of Man's debut numbers. While the site doesn't give out specific figures, sales for R2 probably don't sound as bad as it's made out to be. The first Resistance was a launch title and was the first PS3 title to sell over a million copies. When you think of it that way, the original has some advantages towards sales and some tough shoes to fill.

Whatever is keeping the Brits at bay, we just hope it's not because the game is now set in cowboyland instead of her majesty's empire. Seriously though, R2 is a vastly improved title over the first, so don't miss out on it.

In US, it was destroyed by Gears 2 nd WaW...

Acc to NPD figures of nov..2008

# Gears of War 2 (X360) - 1.56 Million

# Call of Duty: World At War (X360) - 1.41 Million

# Wii Play W/ Remote (Wii) - 796k

# Wii Fit (Wii) - 697k

# Mario Kart (Wii) - 637k

# Call of Duty: World At War (PS3) - 597k

# Guitar Hero: World Tour (Wii) - 475k

# Left 4 Dead (X360) - 410k

# Resistance 2 (PS3) - 385k

wow......I never thought you were serious!

I'd say if you really are interested to get into the franchise, just play both R1 and R2. Actually playing beats watching on youtube, right? :) Trust me both these games have some epic battles... and then there's the narrative!

Nope. .read properly. .....

Uh its you who should read properly, its basically the same stuff.

"So, they gonna release it with UC3 now......? :doh: .Iam 100% sure Rs 3 will fail commercially"

"Dunno why i think releasing so many BIG AAA exclusives in 1 year is not a good idea..This could hurt sales of games like Res 3"

And no...neither of the Resistance games have been 'commercial failures', you are a commerce student aren't you ? yet you aren't able to distinguish between healthy sales and commercial failure...a commercial failure is when a tittle fails to overcome its production cost and for most games big budget games that equates to 1 million sales....even less when talking about Sony/MS published games (since they don't require any licensing fee) or games with lower budget.

So, they gonna release it with UC3 now......? :doh: .Iam 100% sure Rs 3 will fail commercially....just like previous tittles.

You talking abt combine Res 1 & Res 2 sales or what ?

my god zodak if your posts are any stupider you might as well be hanging from a tree branch and flinging poop all around facepalm.gif

btw that 6 million surely is not the figure for one game. i am not sure but i will be surprised if it does not account for all the 3 games released so far.

Res2 sales were even less than Res1...read my above post again now.Res 2 sales were low for a AAA franchise

http://ps3.nowgamer.com/news/164/disappointing-sales-for-sony-exclusives

Anyway my point is, if they released it with UC3 and all..Game will fail commercially....

So ? "low for AAA" means commercial failure ? Bravo !

Who are you to judge how much sales the developers expected from the game ? Stuff like AAA franchise, AA franchise is just something that's made up by the users. A game's still a game, it doesn't matter if its AAA or AA or -A, if it covers its cost of production then its making profit...and if its making profit then its not a commercial failure.

check my post on last page, i have posted sales figures ...Now don't be such a fanboy.... :wallbash: ..On what basis you are arguing .PV ..Do you have any proof or anything ?..

Go check IGN,Gaf forum they even created a thread explaining low Res2 sales.... :lol:

http://boards.ign.com/ps3_lobby/b8269/174971661/p2

btw that 6 million surely is not the figure for one game. i am not sure but i will be surprised if it does not account for all the 3 games released so far.

Yeah R1 = 3.8M and R2 = 2.1M. NPD is around 1M but most Americans think USA = World, we are not that stupid, eh Zodka? :naughty:

CC bhai

your Source is VG Chart ? :naughty:

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/browse.php?name=Resistance+2

Acc to VG Chart total sales of Res2 are 2m and 3m for Res1..... :bigyellowgrin:

Acc to NPD figures Game bombed in US with disappointing debut ...@ No.10 ......Gamer.biz uk said...Sales are very low in UK as well... (check last page)

Resistance 2 sold 598,000 units in North America through 2008, 200,000 units in the United Kingdom, and 65,191 in Japan

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=21937

Anyway, Lets end this.... <_<

Archived