The Laptop/Notebook thread.

khanak

^ The Lenovo laptop should do fine, also, do take a look at these AMD APU based models as well. A better GPU and a comparable CPU at the same price-point with Windows8 to boot.

Hope this helps, Cheers!

Edited by ALPHA17

yeah....display with high contrast ratio(greater than 500:1 atleast), wide viewing angles, greater AdobeRGB coverage

I have been using laptops for quite some time,but i always find the display to be washed out and colors look pale(specially the black)

Good displays in mobile devices have spoiled me,now i am looking for same quality in laptops

Edited by OverKill

ok...is there a considerable difference in performance between core i3 4030U and the core i5 4210U ?? Considering the regular use ( Chrome, watching video , etc) nothing too hardware intensive like gaming

Here is the link to notebook check review of flex 2 14 http://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Flex-2-14-Notebook-Review.122901.0.html

Edited by OverKill

^ I would go for the Core i5 model simply because laptops are weaker from the get go and any extra power you can get now (for a not so large increment in price) is going to keep you in good stead later. Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

^ Check the following models @flipkart.

Look out for a Core i7 4th Generation and 8GB of GDDR3 RAM, also, if possible research on all the models (even those which are out of stock).

Hope this helps, Cheers!

P.S. -- Gaming on these laptops is not going to be a lot of fun, since the mobile GPU's are anaemic and the next-generation titles are going to be taxing.

Look out for a Core i7 4th Generation and 8GB of GDDR3 RAM, also, if possible research on all the models (even those which are out of stock).

Hope this helps, Cheers!

P.S. -- Gaming on these laptops is not going to be a lot of fun, since the mobile GPU's are anaemic and the next-generation titles are going to be taxing.

thanks for the info but yeah i know the games are probably gonna run at low-med settings but it will have to do for now as i am thinking about getting a ps4

Hope this helps, Cheers!

i got this laptop in the end..... decent right?? http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00P6L289E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Edited by Hahaman

• 1 month later...

Do any of the folks here update your Intel drivers also along with GPU drivers at regular intervals? If so, from where do you guys update the same - notebook manufacturer site or elsewhere? Further, does this have any effect on gaming?