The Laptop/Notebook thread.

khanak

Hey Alpha, I mainly need the laptop for work. So portability is a big factor, otherwise would have definitely opted for a Desktop PC. Was going to buy a normal laptop but then thought why not extend my budget and get one that can run games at decent settings.

I need it mostly for games that my consoles can't handle well (like Skyrim, Fallout series, Witcher, Diablo etc) and RTS games.

I have absolutely zero knowledge in this field so would really appreciate it if you could suggest something. 90k is the max I can go.

Edited by meaNmachine

Okay, you can look at the following companies for laptops in that price range,

• Lenovo
  • ASUS
  • MSi

For the last you can contact me via PM for more details and where to purchase the laptop in your locale because I am the MSi Marketing Rep for India. We have the GP and GE series laptops in that price range, decent balance of gaming and a traditional system.

For Lenovo check out their Y series laptops, they compete directly against our GP / GE series although they are still offering older 4th Gen Intel Core processors in their laptops whilst we have moved onto 6th Gen CPU's across the board.

ASUS, I am not so sure what they offer in the price-range and you will have to do the fieldwork yourself.

Here is a flipkart link in-case you want to look see devices yourself.

Hope this helps, Cheer!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

^ Try to get an i5 based notebook in that price range although according to your friends requirement, a Core i7 based unit would be a much better purchase.

• Like 1

Get a Notion Ink Cain or similar device, do not expect much though. Netbooks have kind of fizzled out and only basic notebooks are available at your prescribed price point, still if you want a dekho. Check these @flipkart.

Hope this helps, Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

^ Not possible in that budget, you will have to knock yourself between LOW -->MEDIUM settings.

Look for at-least a GT940M GPU in your notebook before finalising it. Here are a couple of options @flipkart.

Edited by ALPHA17

I bought an Asus lappie that had gt630m. It could handle everything at medium settings easily. The only problem I faced was of heating, frequent crashes after 20-120min of gaming. Partial soln was to play at lowest settings to prevent max gpu usage.