The Laptop/Notebook thread.

khanak

Go into the PC, right click on a partition > Properties > Tools > Error checking.

How did you fix the issue last time?

Ok.Did this test.Its showing,partition C,D,E disk failiure.No mention of physical or logical errors.What to do now?

Edited by hope

^ Because right now you can back-up everything. There is no guarantee when there will be another failure or how severe it will be.

If you can live with losing your data, cool.

If you value the data, back it up and swap that hard-drive.

If you cannot, well, just keep back ups and get the replacement whenever you can.

• Like 1

^ Because right now you can back-up everything. There is no guarantee when there will be another failure or how severe it will be.

If you can live with losing your data, cool.

If you value the data, back it up and swap that hard-drive.

If you cannot, well, just keep back ups and get the replacement whenever you can.

Ok,can you suggest a good Hard Drive.Cheap One :P

Edited by hope

^ Better call up your laptops CC. I do not even know which model or make notebook you are running and whether you can access the hard-drive easily.

• Like 1

Thanks a Lot bro :) Will change HDD some time later in the year.Lets see how long it lasts.

One Question,does operating Lappy without Graphics Card Driver result in less load on HDD?Because after installation of Graphic Driver,lappy has become too slow.

^ I see no reason for that to happen. Although if you can disable it during start-up you might notice a pick up in the responsiveness on boot.

What OS are you on?

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone, I had originally posted this on Tom's Hardware (Link), and a similar thread on Reddit's Alienware page (Link) but want to get perspective from Indian gamers who have to deal with our conditions.

I have been spending several weeks thinking about a new gaming device. My objective is to be able to game on max settings @ 60 FPS. I think an i7 + GTX 1070 combination will achieve this.

In India, the desktop - laptop price difference seems to be a lot less (around Rs. 30k not including peripherals), so I am considering a laptop for the added convenience. I will soon be traveling to the US and as luck would have it, there is a slew of Pascal based machines that have hit the market.

I have been researching a bit and have shortlisted these machines:
ASUS GL502VS $1,800
MSI GT62VR $1,800
Sager NP8153 $1,800
Alienware 15/17 $2,000
ASUS G752 $2,200

I have configured the available options to get the specs to be mostly similar
i7 6700, GTX1070, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD

Differences:
- The GL502VS looks dangerously thin for a device packing an i7 and a GTX1070. Maybe it's just psychological, but the lack of the large exhausts that the other machines have make me worried
- Only the G752 comes with minimum 16GB RAM, though I don't think this should matter too much.

- The Alienware does not have GSYNC
- The G752 has 120Hz displays

I am leaning toward the Alienware because:
1. They are the only company with significant retail operations in India, so I am hoping that customer service will be decent
2. The new Alienware models are the best looking of the lot

However, I might be swayed towards the other machines if you guys think that they offer better thermal management and reliability. I'm not worried about battery life (lolz) or upgradability. Looking forward to your thoughts!

Seven posts below was Laptop/notebooks thread, you should have posted there. I hope some Mod transfers it there. On to the OP

I cant cross check the lappies but can give you decent advice

1. Fans and internal components heat resistance or build quality. Very important. Heavy gaming generates lot of heat.

2. If you are buying abroad, look for clevo/origin laptops on amazon.Com. They are boxes.. Look wise, however, amazing build quality and space/fans. Check their reviews/availability.

3. Gsync and 120Hz is just luxury and excess heat unless you are a progamer playing CS at competitive level.

4. 16gb is okay, 8 came 4yrs ago; and now with more powerful gpus, 16 might come in handy

5. Whichever laptop you are buying, check reviews first.

• Like 1