Dead Space 2

852 posts in this topic

Dead Space 2

Developer: Visceral Games

Publisher: Electronic Arts

Platforms: Playstation 3, Xbox 360, PC

Modes: Singleplayer, Multiplayer (?)

Release: 2010

EA has announced Dead Space 2 for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360, but hasn't said when it's due out or whether it includes multiplayer.

All we know of the sequel is that Visceral Games will once more develop and hero Isaac Clarke will return. This time, however, he'll have new tools to "slice and dismember" with as he takes the fight to the Necromorph menace. He's gone all Sigourney Weaver, it sounds like.

News of a second Dead Space game has been doing the rounds for months, and we've heard that there's a third instalment planned too.

Dead Space was a third-person survival-horror game that followed mechanic Isaac Clarke as he chased down a distress call made by the spaceship Ishimura. Turns out there were nasty aliens on board.

The atmospheric PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 game quickly gathered a strong following, although we ended up giving it 7/10 at the time.

Edited by keyofx

^^

Maybe the ending was a hallucination/ghost too.

Could be.

Either way, I hope they've got more varied environments in this one. One more gun-metal corridor and I'll snap :|

time to get scared again...

Loved the first game, though i hope the boss fights this time around are ummm.. fights?

Edited by DevilsOwn

I think setting DS2 on the planetside colony would be the next logical step. I quite like the idea of that one. Although loosing out on the zero G and vacuum stuff would suck (literally).

Just a little more variety in the scenery and less backtracking would be even better.

I didn't mind the environments - it's a spaceship. It was properly interspersed with the vacuum and some other parts. But please please please no on-rails stuff - that sucked.

or when a bunch of them jump on to you, and you die button mashing :P

Ya i love the detailing on it too :chair: especially when it gets crushed under my boot.

This is gonna be great, I wanna see how the whole clark things work out and I want more sci fi references

ISSAC CLARKE?

I don't like my references that obvious. Its bloody embarrassing :|

^^

Maybe the ending was a hallucination/ghost too.

i think not.... i guess there must be some interesting way in which Isaac Clarke was saved. let's see.

really anticipating this game.. want it in March after GoW3 :P