Limbo

MarketTantrik

Works perfectly fine for SP. Its just more fun (and funny) if you have someone playing with you. You have to fight each other to kiss the princess for instance. Really cute stuff :D

I love the game. And its totally replayable thanks to the leveling up, tons of weapons and the fun combat.

started playing this yesterday. honestly no idea what everyone was raving about because (at least at the start) it seems like a very average game to me. so far the game is about 2 things... puzzle platforming (which is just okay) and avoiding death (which is pretty stupid considering it's mostly a matter of trial and error). in about 80% of all cases, you aren't even given a chance to avoid death. i can understand a game where you die because you made a mistake and you know better the next time you reload the checkpoint... but this game? you die, and it's almost inevitably unavoidable the first time around, and then the next time you go there you know exactly what is going to happen. where is the fun in that?

can't believe i fell for the hype on this one. thankfully i bought it on sale. so yea...

7KQk3.jpg

If this game was on the PC you'd be jizzing your pants.

nope. because it would still be a very average game. i don't know, maybe it gets better later. i only played a short while before moving on to check out another couple of new games.

nope. because it would still be a very average game. i don't know, maybe it gets better later. i only played a short while before moving on to check out another couple of new games.

Thats like saying Portal is average game because first 17 of 19 levels are nothing but snorfests designed for special people (and TBH, they are). The first few levels in Limbo are nothing more than tutorials, the real challenge doesn't even start until you're halfway in the game.

Thats like saying Portal is average game because first 17 of 19 levels are nothing but snorfests designed for special people (and TBH, they are). The first few levels in Limbo are nothing more than tutorials, the real challenge doesn't even start until you're halfway in the game.

fair enough. that's why i said that i hope it gets better later. and i hope they get rid of the trial and error bullshit deaths. i could get onboard with the game if that sh*t didn't happen anymore.

fair enough. that's why i said that i hope it gets better later. and i hope they get rid of the trial and error bullshit deaths. i could get onboard with the game if that sh*t didn't happen anymore.

You know some people praised Demons' Souls for that kind of a thing.

Spin is overstating the amount of trial and error involved. He's probably basing it on the first time he stepped into a bear trap. You're supposed to die there. That's how the game f**ks with you. It isn't an issue in the game's design; its intentional.

afaik i survived the bear trap :bigyellowgrin:

but no i've died quite a few times already. once in a while i'm given enough time to react and run backwards or whatever. mostly though, it's nigh impossible to avoid in the first go... you're happily running along and some dude presses a button that brings down a pole full of spikes and you're skewered. next time you know exactly what is going to happen so you do what it takes to avoid it. if that counts as good game design...

Archived