Limbo

MarketTantrik

I picked this up during the sale and I'm loving it! As Sam said, you're pretty much meant to die the first time. I can't comment on what they were trying to say without finishing the game, but I'm getting attached to the kid enough that each death makes me want to not make the same mistake again.

Also: most puzzle games do involve some trial and error, but that doesn't make them bad games. I was stuck on certain Braid and Portal levels for ages before finally getting them right.

I was stuck on certain Braid and Portal levels for ages before finally getting them right.

it's not even close to being the same in limbo. in portal and braid you had puzzles which you try and solve and you might get them wrong and maybe even die. limbo is one cheap death after another which you then figure out how to avoid after the fact.

I think the deaths in Limbo are supposed to impact a lot more than deaths in other games.

So its built to show you death straight off before you start thinking about how to avoid it. Again, this is just me postulating after completing half the game.

I think the deaths in Limbo are supposed to impact a lot more than deaths in other games.

So its built to show you death straight off before you start thinking about how to avoid it. Again, this is just me postulating after completing half the game.

The deaths are strangely is beautiful. And the part i got stuck (am stuck in) in wasn't a puzzle but a reflex button push.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived