Super Street Fighter IV

Guest shoryuken_king

Anyone wanna share AE wth Garib Rom?

:helpsmilie:

All proceed will go towards defeating Gaurav

:notangel:

i have the AE disc or would have shared .. Need to buy costumes though ... I can share those :-D

any1 up for some game ton8? :eyebrow:

Yupp ... Although m still practising :(

I am in the admittedly small minority of exclusive PC gamers who are also fighting game enthusiasts. After Capcom's panel at EVO, I struck up a conversation with one of the Capcom employees and got to ask a few PC specific questions. Nothing here is hugely ground breaking, but thought I would pass on what I learned for the interested. Further explanation after the bullet points.

Overall approach to PC gaming by Capcom

An in depth explanation for why SFxT has so many issues was provided.

Discontent over GFWL is well known.

Cross Platform considerations

APPROACH TO PC GAMING

The effort to get games to PC is driven almost entirely by Capcom USA. Source code isn't even provided to the porting team until after the game is already live on consoles.

At the moment they are caught in a vicious cycle, summarized as follows:

Capcom Japan: We will let you develop for the PC simultaneously (and give it more attention) if you can demonstrate there is an audience for it. We haven't seen it yet.

Capcom USA: That is because we give them shoddy ports with GFWL long after the console version is released. If you let us develop simultaneously so we can release it at the same time and solve bugs during production, and you will see there is a big audience there. We can't prove it until you let us develop simultaneously.

Capcom Japan: That sounds fair- we will let you develop for PC simultaneously once you show the big audience is there.

Capcom USA: HURRRRR!

It was also mentioned off-handedly that Christian Stevenson is primarily to thank for getting things like AE on PC. They are continuing to work with Capcom Japan to try to do simultaneous development, but nothing that was said suggested this is close to being a reality.

SFxT ISSUES

In addition to the problem of only getting source code once the game is done and having to rush thing, the main wrench in the gears was the new netcode. Simplifying, the netcode is programmed in such a way that it utilizes a combination of your network connection and computing power to determine how many frames can be "rolled back" in the game to determine the results of your actions. This works fine on consoles.

It does not work fine on PCs.

In essence, PCs have enough processing power that they can "rollback" many more frames than the PS3 or XBOX360. As a result, if one computer can rollback 7 frames while the other can only manage 4, you start having the issues that we all know SFxT has. It works on the consoles because the processing power is identical- everyone can roll back 3 frames and the problem is avoided.

A fix for this issue is still being worked on.

GFWL

They know we all hate it, and they hate it too. Nothing explicit was promised, but it was not-so-subtly suggested that we keep any eye out for news in this regard. At a minimum I would take this to mean that alternatives are being actively considered.

CROSS PLATFORM PLAY

It does not sound like this is a big priority in their eyes. I specifically mentioned Skullgirls, and was told that 2D games are much easier to do the netcode for. Nothing was said about it not being a possibility going forward, but it sounds like we definitely should not hold our breaths on this.

Capcom japan are a bunch of assholes , they dont seem to give anything a chance unless they see the $$$$.

^^ Its more of a recent thing , ever since this gen started they have been focusing only on their big franchises and what gives them money . Everything else is taking the back seat .The sad part is all the hate on the internet,twitter ..etc is only seen by Capcom USA and they dont really have the power to do anything .

Capcom Japan on the other hand is huge in their own country , they dont get any hate there because Capcom please their fans. Monster Hunter,phoenix wright,SF (Japan prefers re-releases over DLC) . If you noticed games that bring Capcom hate like DmC,Megaman,RE are all the titles that are popular in the west.

Its quite simple Capcom Japan doesnt listen to fans from the west by words , they only understand the universal language of $$$$ . This was quite easily noticeable with how SFxTekken performed in the west and Capcom reactions :lol:

Even Svensson from Capcom USA said he tried multiple times to request Capcom to fix SFxT on Xbox 360 (couch co-op feature) . But its quite obvious they didnt care coz of how Xbox does in Japan.

@ sunny : How did u like my honda and bison ?

My shoruken characters are bad to the core :(

your honda was slightly better but don't throw out the fists that often if cornered, couldn't test your Bison, with El Fuerte I was just trolling.

you must learn to avoid/block mixups & meaties though

keep it up :)

power cut :thumbdown:

Yepp .. I hardly trained on honda for more than 15 minutes though .. I believe that real experience can be attained only by fighting real people .. Not that shitty AI .. Need to practice the combos though .

And is there any quick combination to doing Akuma's super / ultra without letting it get toooo obvious ..

Lp , Lp , <--- Lk , Hp doing the light punch sequences makes it soo obvious that hez trying to throw a super/ultra at u ..

Infilteration's Akuma never showed any signs while throwing the raging demons :(

Yepp .. I hardly trained on honda for more than 15 minutes though .. I believe that real experience can be attained only by fighting real people .. Not that shitty AI .. Need to practice the combos though .

And is there any quick combination to doing Akuma's super / ultra without letting it get toooo obvious ..

Lp , Lp , <--- Lk , Hp doing the light punch sequences makes it soo obvious that hez trying to throw a super/ultra at u ..

Infilteration's Akuma never showed any signs while throwing the raging demons :(

your answer

your muscle memory should be really good

you wanna play more? I can come

I believe that real experience can be attained only by fighting real people .. Not that shitty AI

yes & no

you must first know the theory & then try it in practicals

^^ What muscle memory ... Infil did most of those raging demons by hiding it inside other moves , not something you can do without predicting.

You can input the raging demon input inside other moves like Cr.HK , Cr.MK , Dash , f.MP overhead

^^ What muscle memory ... Infil did most of those raging demons by hiding it inside other moves , not something you can do without predicting.

You can input the raging demon input inside other moves like Cr.HK , Cr.MK , Dash , f.MP overhead

oo I thought it was muscle memory :O

^^ Sonni thats not the question he is asking :| . He is asking how to do a demon without giving it away .

and yes no matter how great you are you cant do a raw demon the 2xLPs are always inputted when some other move is going on.

^^ Sonni thats not the question he is asking :| . He is asking how to do a demon without giving it away .

and yes no matter how great you are you cant do a raw demon the 2xLPs are always inputted when some other move is going on.

yea I know,I thought you did it real quick.

anyhoo f**k Akuma ;_;

all alonee ;_;

Repped .. Are u coming to india anytime soon ?

Justin Wongs thoughts on Character selection

http://www.eventhubs.com/columns/2012/jul/24/step-your-game-chapter-7-super-street-fighter-4-arcade-edition-v2012-dedication-character-selection/

Offense Characters:

Ken, Makoto, Ibuki, Dudley, Seth, Dan, Sakura, Gen, Abel, C. Viper, Cammy, Guy, Hakan, Rufus, El Fuerte, Yun, Yang, Oni, Evil Ryu

Defense Characters:

E. Honda, Chun-Li, Dhalsim, Sagat, Dee Jay, Guile, Blanka, Zangief, Vega, Balrog, T. Hawk, Rose

Balance Rush Characters:

Ryu, Gouken, Akuma, Juri, M. Bison, Cody, Fei Long, Adon

Now this list may represent how each character is categorized, but that does not mean you cannot make an offensive character into a defensive character or a balance rush — because depending on match ups you will have to change up on how you will play.

For example: Rufus vs. Zangief: Usually Rufus is supposed to rush a lot with his Dive Kick, but against Zangief you cannot pursue that option as frequent since Zangief wants the character to get close so he can perform a Spinning Pile Driver. Against Zangief, Rufus has to use his far normals like Crouching Hard Punch and his mid range normals like his Standing Medium Kick and Crouching Hard Kick, to prevent him from closing the gap.

Another example is comparing my Rufus to EG|Ricky Ortiz's Rufus. We both play completely different. I play Rufus as a Balance Rush character and Ricky Ortiz plays Rufus as an Offensive Character. We both have our good match ups and we both have our bad match ups. I am weaker to Ryu while I like fighting Sagat. While Ricky likes fighting Ryu but he is weaker to Sagat.

My Rufus Balance Rush:

- I love to whiff punish with his Crouching Hard Kick.

- I slowly play and do a lot of back and forth walking to push my opponent in the corner.

- I want to save 3 meters for Crouching Light Punch into EX Galatic Tornado then FADC, for footsie punishing.

Here are characters that in my opinion should beginners pick up if they want to learn the basics of Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012.

Beginner Characters:

Ryu, Adon, Rose, Balrog, Blanka, Ken

Intermediate Characters:

Seth, Makoto, Ibuki, Sakura, Abel, Cammy, Rufus, El Fuerte, Yun, Yang, E. Honda, Chun-Li, Sagat, Dee Jay, Guile, Zangief, Vega, Cody, Fei Long, Akuma, M. Bison, Dudley

Advance Characters:

Dan, Gen, Hakan, Evil Ryu, Oni, Gouken, Dhalsim, T. Hawk, Guy, Juri, C. Viper

^^ good stuff.. Will rep once m online thru pc ..

Although while playing today sunny told me that rog is for advanced players and bison for begginers ??

Now m confused .. Also need to learn a way to get out of the crossovers ( din't know the term until sunny told me today) .. Dashing can get u close to the opponent too IMO if u dash in the direction where enemy lands after his cross over.. And crossovers are pretty darn confusing to me ..

^^ good stuff.. Will rep once m online thru pc ..

Although while playing today sunny told me that rog is for advanced players and bison for begginers ??

Now m confused .. Also need to learn a way to get out of the crossovers ( din't know the term until sunny told me today) .. Dashing can get u close to the opponent too IMO if u dash in the direction where enemy lands after his cross over.. And crossovers are pretty darn confusing to me ..

in the sense you must play him very patiently.

also it's crossup ;)

Archived