The Android Thread

pArth

^Check in about phone section in the settings.

Settings > About Phone > Model Number

In the above link it says - SHW-M250K.

Anyway guys, I used to see so many awesome screen setups here, please suggest me some good apps/ launchers/ whatever else thats like must-have, good-to-have :D

Edited by Ne0

Ditch TouchWiz first and get Launcher Pro (great for minimalist users like me) or Go Launcher EX, which is very customizable. Check this site for inspiration: http://www.androidbeautiful.com (a bit NSFW) or go to deviantart and search for Android customization.

Ditch TouchWiz first and get Launcher Pro (great for minimalist users like me) or Go Launcher EX, which is very customizable. Check this site for inspiration: http://www.androidbeautiful.com (a bit NSFW) or go to deviantart and search for Android customization.

ah, thanks sir....will visit that later, it has a NSFW pic right on the front page though. Had to close the page ASAP :P

Sounds like you have the phone with the Exynos chipset, which is good to go.

There is a sale going on, in the Android Market, apps are going for Rs. 5

I would recommend you look that up and purchase a few or well most of them.

Swiftkey X definitely.

Sounds like you have the phone with the Exynos chipset, which is good to go.

There is a sale going on, in the Android Market, apps are going for Rs. 5

I would recommend you look that up and purchase a few or well most of them.

Swiftkey X definitely.

Thanks guys. A relief to know I picked the right version (not that I had a say in this anyway :D). Installed launcher pro....its quite fast. Now I need to customize the screen.

^Did you buy it in India? I am not sure why they are selling that model here. Before rooting and installing any custom rom, make SURE that that method works on your device. That thread I linked above has a lot of people with their device stuck in bootloop when they tried to flash/root.

^Did you buy it in India? I am not sure why they are selling that model here. Before rooting and installing any custom rom, make SURE that that method works on your device. That thread I linked above has a lot of people with their device stuck in bootloop when they tried to flash/root.

No, I'm in Korea currently. I don't think I can root my device anyway, as its under contract. Don't know if it voids warranty and all that.

btw, which is the best video player to play flash content ? Whenever i play flash videos on my built-in browser, it opens up some built in video player which hangs after every 2 mins or so. And opera just doesn't play any videos for some reason. I've updated my flash player as well.

Edited by Ne0

the in browser flash videos work fine on my set, also you have the option to open it either in-browser or a separate video player (whichever you have installed).

I think you have made that player as the default so it is not asking you each time.

just go to that player in applications and hit clear defaults button, then it will start asking again.

Also I open the flash content in the default video player that came on the set, it never hangs.