The Android Thread

pArth

Well that was how the comparison started, what makes Pixel such a good phone. And I gave you an answer. Now if you want to side-step it in the garb of personal preference, your preference.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Use a Lenovo device, then you will know. At-least hTC devices get some community love. Lenovo devices do not even get that consistently.

Security patches and a good Android experience are a must in my opinion. Skinned or sans does not matter really but there is no point not getting any updates on a "flagship" six months down the line.

Xiaomi gets a huge community support so does one plus 3, so they automatically become the best phones in that case.

Not a huge fan of lenovo, just saying that i do not agree that pixel is the best android phone. It would have been awesome at 40-45k, at 57k nope!!!

Lol wtf guys. Didn't Google themselves say that their phones will have reskinned Android and not the plain stock vanilla Android? What's the point of owning Pixel then?

In the near future, however, Google will apparently add various things on top of Android on Nexus devices. Google wants to “thoughtfully add more features on top of Android or Nexus phones,” as there’s plenty of “software innovation to be had.” Pichai did not explain what kind of features Google would want to put on top of Android, or why these features won’t be included in stock Android in the first place.

http://bgr.com/2016/06/02/2016-google-nexus-phones/

Personally after using miui for 2+ years, I find stock Android very lacking and downright ugly. I can never go back to stock Android.

Regarding security patches, xiaomi upgrades their devices with security patches quite quickly. So no issues there too.

Google pixel phone pricing wise is a joke. It makes iPhone seems a vfm phone.

Lol wtf guys. Didn't Google themselves say that their phones will have reskinned Android and not the plain stock vanilla Android? What's the point of owning Pixel then?

http://bgr.com/2016/06/02/2016-google-nexus-phones/

Personally after using miui for 2+ years, I find stock Android very lacking and downright ugly. I can never go back to stock Android.

Regarding security patches, xiaomi upgrades their devices with security patches quite quickly. So no issues there too.

Google pixel phone pricing wise is a joke. It makes iPhone seems a vfm phone.

The whole point of having vanilla android is that you get instant OS updates. Irrespective of how google skins them, the Pixel phones will absolutely be the first to get the latest updates. If you don't get that, I can see why you don't get the appeal of the Pixel

So it's not about vanilla Android but getting instant OS updates?

If that's the case then Xiaomi phones get regular miui updates and same with one plus phones.

And both OS actually add some nifty and useful features. App cloning, one handed mode, scrollable screenshots to name a few.

HTC is just manufacturing the phones. Like Foxcon does for Apple. Pixel is designed completely by Google.

And Yes, 85% of the phones are not for me. It's not just the lack of security updates. It's also the bloat that comes with the UI skins. Just can't tolerate touchwiz and crap like that. If you like those skins then more power to you.

Also it's a brand new phone so it's going to be expensive. They've priced it exactly in line with flagship prices from Samsung, HTC and LG and Apple. Not sure what the outrage is about.

+1

Pixel is expensive at release....Just like any other phone, let it be Apple, Samsung or LG. If you are not into iOS, Pixel is the best bet- stock android, day one updates, security patches. Can't even think of going back to Samsung, touchwiz lags like anything - just try opening 10 or more apps rapidly on any Samsung device.

+1

Pixel is expensive at release....Just like any other phone, let it be Apple, Samsung or LG. If you are not into iOS, Pixel is the best bet- stock android, day one updates, security patches. Can't even think of going back to Samsung, touchwiz lags like anything - just try opening 10 or more apps rapidly on any Samsung device.

Just opened 12 apps without an issue, the new touch wiz is good. Stock Android is way too over rated.

"Pixel phones get Android version updates for at least 2 years from when the device became available on the Google Store. After 2 years, we can't guarantee additional updates," Google said.

Meanwhile....Plenty of S6 users are still waiting for Marshmallow update, leave alone Nougat.

maybe region locked one, i got it like 4-5 months back.

Well guess why are we arguing, please buy the phone. It is f**ckin AWESOMMMME...

Wuut Stock UI FTW.I can't tolerate TouchWiz and Xperia UI after using Stock.

Doesn't feel all that much like "winning" to me :P

Dunno about Touchwiz but I have a good deal of appreciation for Xperia UI after this stock experience.

Same for miui. Stock Android is so bare bones. It's like going back 4-5 years. It lacks lots of basic features which other skins provide by default.

Can you get rid of MIUI and install Nova? Also does Xiomi phones come installed with all Google apps like Play Store, Maps, etc or do you have to download them?

Can you get rid of MIUI and install Nova? Also does Xiomi phones come installed with all Google apps like Play Store, Maps, etc or do you have to download them?

Yes all Google apps are preinstalled.

Haven't tried any other launcher

Yes, you can install Nova. My brother just got the Mi5 and that's the first thing he did. And yes, his phone also had the Google apps already installed.