Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pArth

The Android Thread

29839 posts in this topic

Sounds like you have the phone with the Exynos chipset, which is good to go.

There is a sale going on, in the Android Market, apps are going for Rs. 5

I would recommend you look that up and purchase a few or well most of them.

Swiftkey X definitely.

Thanks guys. A relief to know I picked the right version (not that I had a say in this anyway :D). Installed launcher pro....its quite fast. Now I need to customize the screen.

^Did you buy it in India? I am not sure why they are selling that model here. Before rooting and installing any custom rom, make SURE that that method works on your device. That thread I linked above has a lot of people with their device stuck in bootloop when they tried to flash/root.

^Did you buy it in India? I am not sure why they are selling that model here. Before rooting and installing any custom rom, make SURE that that method works on your device. That thread I linked above has a lot of people with their device stuck in bootloop when they tried to flash/root.

No, I'm in Korea currently. I don't think I can root my device anyway, as its under contract. Don't know if it voids warranty and all that.

btw, which is the best video player to play flash content ? Whenever i play flash videos on my built-in browser, it opens up some built in video player which hangs after every 2 mins or so. And opera just doesn't play any videos for some reason. I've updated my flash player as well.

Edited by Ne0

the in browser flash videos work fine on my set, also you have the option to open it either in-browser or a separate video player (whichever you have installed).

I think you have made that player as the default so it is not asking you each time.

just go to that player in applications and hit clear defaults button, then it will start asking again.

Also I open the flash content in the default video player that came on the set, it never hangs.

Today's 10 apps:

Apparatus

Camera ZOOM FX

Color & Draw for kids phone ed

HEAVY GUNNER 3D

Hyper Jump

Majesty: Fantasy Kingdom Sim

Puffle Launch

Sentinel 3: Homeworld

Shine Runner

Star Chart

Talking Ben the Dog

TileStorm HD

Suggest some tablet (specifically galaxy tab 2 10.1") apps. I am disappointed with the pre-loaded apps :(

WTH!!! Ye kabhi liya!

Weren't you having trouble deciding between which phone to buy in the 15K range earlier?

^^I've already bought a phone last. 11-11-11 :P Xperia neo V (17k) I've also mentioned this in this thread. My bro bought it and since he is a n00b he asked me. Also, its partially mine too :P

EDIT nvm

@ty - were you referring to me? I am a sucker of tower defence games. Probably the biggest fan of TD games on IVG. Let me suggest you one get savage moon :P, its very close to defence grid: awakening and its very under-rated "under the radar" game. It has same concept as DG:A. Its PSN exclusive though.

Edited by dante77

^^I've already bought a phone last. 11-11-11 :P Xperia neo V (17k) I've also mentioned this in this thread. My bro bought it and since he is a n00b he asked me. Also, its partially mine too :P

EDIT nvm

@ty - were you referring to me? I am a sucker of tower defence games. Probably the biggest fan of TD games on IVG. Let me suggest you one get savage moon :P, its very close to defence grid: awakening and its very under-rated "under the radar" game. It has same concept as DG:A. Its PSN exclusive though.

Arey superb yaar! Good buy man!