The Android Thread

pArth

But S3 and note are diff markets, this move is more to attract the hox customers imo

How do you say they are different markets? HOX rivalry is also possible, but i feel that once S3 comes, Note sales will go down. Samsung is seeing ahead.

How do you say they are different markets? HOX rivalry is also possible, but i feel that once S3 comes, Note sales will go down. Samsung is seeing ahead.

That is always the case what ever the product is.

So tried both GNote & HOX side by side today. HOX looked like a baby in front of Note. :P But frigging hell HOX has an amazing screen ! The wallies literally look painted on it. Tried it with the charger plugged in for 10-15 mins (to check it's temperature increase (one of the primary complaints of HOX) and the whole UI was butter smooth with mild increase in the back temps. There were no games loaded on the device so couldn't check how hot it gets while playing. Really impressive !

GNote on the other hand presented a more "artificial" screen with over saturated colors. But that display ! :O Tried few S-Pen apps and they were really cool to use. Again zippy with no lag, but the plasticy build spoils an otherwise awesome device. :|

So still in two minds even after playing with both of them for 20 mins. Even the shopkeeper was giving me unsettling looks after 15-20 mins. :|

Anyways, the prices quoted were 36k for HOX and 31.4k for GNote.

One question for guys using Note, do the custom ROMs (specially ICS based) offer all the S-Pen apps that the stock rom has (including S-Pen shortcuts like taking & editing a screenshot etc) ? If I buy a Note, it will def be due to the S-Pen. Frigging brilliant !

Yes they do get the Alba rom and also the official rom is just round the corner. Also the new freebies add more value.

Plastic body is def a turn off but I have got used to it. Its a personal.preference also now that S3 is just 3 weeks away wait it out.

Edited by AtheK

Yes they do get the Alba rom and also the official rom is just round the corner. Also the new freebies add more value.

Plastic body is def a turn off but I have got used to it. Its a personal.preference also now that S3 is just 3 weeks away wait it out.

Can't. At home only for 5 more days. After that back to no man's land, so my only chance to buy any gadget would be after 4 months. :|

So still in two minds even after playing with both of them for 20 mins. Even the shopkeeper was giving me unsettling looks after 15-20 mins. :|

The 2 selling points of Note are its big screen and the S-Pen. If you think you're really interested in these two, don't even think about HOX. However, if you don't care for these 2 things then don't bother with the Note. HOX is a gorgeous device in pretty much every way and not even the S3 can change that.

^^ Love the S-Pen (more than the screen) but TW puts me off (have enough experience with TW on Omnia 2) and none (AFAIK) of the custom roms replicate all the S-Pen functions.

Some ques: Can I turn off TW if I use custom launchers ? Will turning off TW (or flashing a new ROM) remove any custom camera settings which Samsung has put in ?

Been using the GNex for over 2 weeks now. So good that I sold my iPhone. That is all.

Another one has seen the light!

Only problem is that I don't know where I can get warranty service for this phone since it's straight from Google (GSM one from Google in the Yoo Yess Yaay hence Verizon won't touch it). And my phantom-charging thing is f**king annoying me. :cry: Apart from that, the phone's great. I gotta find a way to shut off this "screen turns on the moment it thinks it's changing between charging and discharging" to atleast get a stopgap solution such that I won't end up with too much battery drain from a permanently on screen.

Superfrag any ideas? How about you Shantz?

Edited by Gaurav - Solitaire

Yeh gardener kya hai bhai?? blush.gif

Reverse the Hindi and English in your quote.

^^ Love the S-Pen (more than the screen) but TW puts me off (have enough experience with TW on Omnia 2) and none (AFAIK) of the custom roms replicate all the S-Pen functions.

Some ques: Can I turn off TW if I use custom launchers ? Will turning off TW (or flashing a new ROM) remove any custom camera settings which Samsung has put in ?

Custom launcher will be used instead of TW, but TW will remain, you can easily switch the default launcher (it is tagged to the Home key). And launchers DO NOT affect apps, just homescreen and app drawer mainly.

Nova on ICS is just brilliant.

Reverse the Hindi and English in your quote.

Custom launcher will be used instead of TW, but TW will remain, you can easily switch the default launcher (it is tagged to the Home key). And launchers DO NOT affect apps, just homescreen and app drawer mainly.

Nova on ICS is just brilliant.

Thanks. But for Nova, you need ICS, and for that, you need custom ROMs, which means doing away with most of the S-Pen functionality, which is one of the reasons why I would buy Note. :|

Any rumors regarding Sammy releasing the ICS rom for Note on 3rd May (alongwith a demo of the premium S-Pen app suite) ?

Thanks. But for Nova, you need ICS, and for that, you need custom ROMs, which means doing away with most of the S-Pen functionality, which is one of the reasons why I would buy Note. :|

Any rumors regarding Sammy releasing the ICS rom for Note on 3rd May (alongwith a demo of the premium S-Pen app suite) ?

What are the S-Pen functionality which you plan to you use extensively?