Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joy

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010)

1125 posts in this topic

For the un-initiated what's a rubber-band AI?

Rubber Band AI is a hidden feature in racing games that allows computer-controlled players to catch up no matter how far back they are, artificially and unfairly 'balancing' gameplay.

If you have ever played a racing game and thought you were so far ahead that none of the CPU players could possibly catch you, only to have them make up a fifteen-second gap in three seconds, then you have experienced Rubber Band AI. This phenomenon is why a player racing against computer players can go from 8th to 1st and back again in Mario Kart in the span of a single lap. The term refers to the occurrence of AI-controlled racers suddenly accelerating faster than the character should be able to go, in order to close the distance between them and the player, as if a rubber band connected them and was pulling them back.

In short when u slow down AI slows down , when u go fast , AI goes even faster.

I'm still not able to redeem my online pass. It keeps saying that I can't redeem it now. I had to play using the 2-day free trial.

peace

The online passes r frking account locked :rant:

If ur account is US n if u r trying to use region 2 pass , it wont work...

But good thing is once u redeem the the pass in ur ps3 , u can use it in all the accounts activated on ur ps3 :D

P.S Thr was no problem with the online codes during moh release ,people dint know it was region locked..

which car is this event for?

Apologies Achilles for noticing your post a bit late. The car used for this event is Porsche Carrera GT. If you have any handy tips, I'm all ears...errr...eyes!

The Carrera GT time trial. Is that the one in the desert-like environment?

Nope. It's the night time location with rainy weather. The event takes place in Oakmont Valley.

Except for the bad handling in this game there is not at all anything bad that i can say.Graphics are pretty good considering the fact that i have fully maxed it.Sometimes it looks gorgeous sometimes it looks pathetic.Oh and the time trials are way to f**king hard.Tried it two times and stopped after that.Awesome job by criterion. :coolspeak:

@Ameet, was that sarcasm in d end?

u mean, crit should go back to burnout and stop f**king nfs..or say EA should stop f**king nfs?

Edited by Pushy