Darksiders 2

Karooo

I like what I have seen so far. The first one was really good imo and its a game that I played quite a bit because I am a completion wh*re so I ran around and back through levels getting things. I wonder if that hook weapon was really necessary? Because it seems like you can chain attacks with enemies while you are in the air going towards the ground too. Bit overkill if you ask me.

kinda like the grapple hook in Zelda? Or the pull in Vania I suppose.

P.S. I was talking about it as a weapon. I can see platforming fun with it as a utility where you use it to reach higher places, pull objects in or to open walls, etc. Then again this is death, if he didn't do something audacious it might not be as cool as it should.

I see now that you're talking about the hook from Darksiders 2. I was talking about the one you get in the first game. It's actually not a weapon but more of a gadget.

I suppose that the game mech from D2 is using it the same way too but I've never been a fan of pulling enemies in closer. The chase and bash of it all makes it very ... caveman like lol.

• 4 months later...

It was fine with the controller. Some controls (which involved multiple button presses) took some time getting used to but while I was in the flow it didn't bother me. Although I can imagine it would be hard relearn them if you stopped playing in between and then went back to it.

My personal wishlist for this would be...

- Challenging boss fights (all bosses except Tiamat were a piece of cake and never took more than one attempt)

- More customization and skills (which they are adding it seems)

- Better framerate and AA on the console versions

Liked the teaser.. I thought he was going to scream and go all dudebro on everyone. But he opened his eyes and soft music started playing, I felt like ... whoa, maybe there's soft sensitive guy behind all that macho appearance.

:fear:

It was fine with the controller. Some controls (which involved multiple button presses) took some time getting used to but while I was in the flow it didn't bother me. Although I can imagine it would be hard relearn them if you stopped playing in between and then went back to it.

My personal wishlist for this would be...

- Challenging boss fights (all bosses except Tiamat were a piece of cake and never took more than one attempt)

- More customization and skills (which they are adding it seems)

- Better framerate and AA on the console versions

Actually the boss fights centered around just one particular weapon and only one technique. I understand this was borrowed from zelda games, but I didn't actually like it.

sh*t I really should finish the first one before this hits. I kinda left it at the sand worm after you get your horse.

Wrong place to leave the game. Not only will you need to relearn the controls but the sections after that are a bit tricky if you aren't in the flow.

IIRC it is not much far from there...

There are two large areas to explore after that. And then the endgame.

• 1 month later...

Archived