HD STB channels, packages and providers thread.

Aftrunner

Here you go fellas. Please use this thread to talk about providers, channels, impressions from people who are using it etc etc etc.

Tata Sky HD

Pricing - Rs. 2599 for the HD box

Rs. 30 pm for HD Gold Pack - which includes; NGC, Discovery, ESPN (coming soon.. Star Sports, Star Movies, Star Plus... all in the same package)

PQ - 720p/1080i

AQ - 5.1

For existing customers - HD Gold Pack free for 1 year

For new customers - for 2 months

- HD Gold Pack

- Super value english pack

- Lifestyle gold pack

- espn & star sports pack

good work afty... but ur op sux... :rofl:

update it with these details...

Tata Sky HD

Rs. 30 pm for HD Gold Pack - which includes; NGC, Discovery, ESPN (coming soon.. Star Sports, Star Movies, Star Plus... all in the same package)

PQ - 720p/1080i

AQ - 5.1

- HD Gold Pack

- Lifestyle gold pack

(yes existing customers don't seem to reap much benefit over here... :P)

good work afty... but ur op sux... :chair:

update it with these details...

Tata Sky HD

PQ - 720p/1080i

AQ - 5.1

- HD Gold Pack

- Lifestyle gold pack

(yes existing customers don't seem to reap much benefit over here... :()

:chair:

I still dont understand... :fear:

I am an existing TATA SKY Customer and have opted for the ANNUAL PACK... What are the procedures and the charges that I need to pay to get TATA HD... :unsure:

I still dont understand... :chair:

I am an existing TATA SKY Customer and have opted for the ANNUAL PACK... What are the procedures and the charges that I need to pay to get TATA HD... :unsure:

u need to buy the new STB for the above mentioned price...and u get it free for a year...thats it i guess. :fear:

I still dont understand... :fear:

no existing packages will continue as is...

the hardware (the HD box) is required for HD channels...

which again come as a separate package...

as an existing customer.. u retain all the packages u are subscribed to... the HD package will be added on...

also u get to retain the SD STB... so don't give that up... u can use it for another telly.... now or in the future....

the 2nd television in the home... has undergona a change.. before it was.. pay 100 n get the same packages on the 2nd telly also... now i read somewhere it is bumped up to 150... n on the help channel on tata sky... channel 100... i heard they bumped it to 200.. :chair:

Airtel enters high definition arena, launches set-top boxes

Airtel digital TV, the DTH arm of Bharti Airtel, is launching its High Definition service, with set top boxes (STBs) priced at Rs 2,840, further fuelling the price war in the sector.

Its competitors like Tata Sky, Dish TV, Reliance BIG TV and Sun Direct have already launched their high definition (HD) services at various price points to attract new subscribers.

"Airtel digital TV HD will be available at Rs 2,250 for our existing customers choosing to upgrade and Rs 2,840 for all new customers," Bharti Airtel Director and CEO (DTH) Ajai Puri said.

HD transmissions offer better picture and sound quality compared to standard definition (SD) transmission. HD set-top boxes (STB), which offer wide-angle viewing, are considered particularly suitable for watching sporting events and action movies.

"As of now, subscribers will get access to ESPN's HD feed of the FIFA World Cup for Rs 99, but we will add other HD channels over the next few months," he said.

Read more at: http://beta.profit.ndtv.com/news/show/airt...-boxes-76864?cp

Archived