HD STB channels, packages and providers thread.

Aftrunner

no existing packages will continue as is...

the hardware (the HD box) is required for HD channels...

which again come as a separate package...

as an existing customer.. u retain all the packages u are subscribed to... the HD package will be added on...

also u get to retain the SD STB... so don't give that up... u can use it for another telly.... now or in the future....

the 2nd television in the home... has undergona a change.. before it was.. pay 100 n get the same packages on the 2nd telly also... now i read somewhere it is bumped up to 150... n on the help channel on tata sky... channel 100... i heard they bumped it to 200.. :rant:

Wait wait wait... :chair:

Wait :chair:

You mean to say i can keep the previous SD STB and use it for my other TV (lets call it TV2).

Get this new HD STB for my primary TV (TV1) and it will give me the HD pack alongwith the ANNUAL PACK i had opted for in my previous SD HTB into the new HD STB??? :P

TV2 mein kya aayega fir? Doordarshan... :ack::good: Explain these things as you would explain it to a 3 year old kid... :chair: Slowly... :fear:

Dabba is gonna keeeeeeeeeeeel me

:rofl:

Got standard Tata Sky and upgraded to tata sky HD just called and placed my request should have it in 2 days.. As for tata sky+ HD no news as yet but once that comes out this baby will be shifted to my other room.. World Cup on HD wow im super happy.. :rofl:

Also since im an existing customer im entitled to a 1yr free gold HD package which includes currently Discovery,National Geographic,ESPN & Star Sports and soon Star Movies etc... :naughty:

Does any one know if the size of the dish will vary? I heard somewhere that the Tata Sky and Tata Sky + dish vary in size, with the latter being larger. Will the Tata Sky HD dish be larger then both?

Hmm not sure about that but in my case my Building has a huge dish of Tata Sky which caters to a few members... as some ppl are still with our local cable operator...

Does any one know if the size of the dish will vary? I heard somewhere that the Tata Sky and Tata Sky + dish vary in size, with the latter being larger. Will the Tata Sky HD dish be larger then both?

The TataSky website says that you dont need to change anything else but your STB. I guess the dish is the same.

For the HD transmission you mean? Can any one confirm if Tata Sky Plus uses the same dish as Standard one? I am just curious.

WTF.. we need to have a diff Dish Antenna also. :( if true, that is sh*t from all DTH Companies for charging more monies from us i guess... :rant:.

Why would antenna be different, isn't the STB supposed to do the conversion...

Archived