HD STB channels, packages and providers thread.

Aftrunner

Damn so have to buy STB again. :doh:

I think I'll wait till its available for 1500 , same as standard one which should be soon if the competition is fierce.

I m not too sure prices will fall as soon as you guys are hoping .

HD box for tata sky is 2599 , installation/activation is Rs 1000 waived off .

The normal STB is 1599 , installation again free.

You do realise that the HD STB is bound to cost more than the normal one , plus they include the HDMI cable in the price itself .

Doesn't look like the price of the HD box is going down anytime soon to me . Atleast its not gonna be a bomb of a drop like the way you guys are making it sound . :doh:

as for the dish HD service its 2.9 K .

i am using airtel dth........HD Box..costing 6999.new user.

with HDMI output and component output and add one feature recording from phone,

existing user can upgarde with cost of 5499.

for me airtel dth is free of cost .

Reason :My company is Distributor for airtel dth in madhya pradesh.so i got 3 demo box HD versionfor free.

as if now only ESPN came in HD..

cheers

Wait wait wait... :chair:

Wait :chair:

You mean to say i can keep the previous SD STB and use it for my other TV (lets call it TV2).

Get this new HD STB for my primary TV (TV1) and it will give me the HD pack alongwith the ANNUAL PACK i had opted for in my previous SD HTB into the new HD STB??? :hug:

TV2 mein kya aayega fir? Doordarshan... :ack:<_< Explain these things as you would explain it to a 3 year old kid... :chair Slowly... :fear

Dabba is gonna keeeeeeeeeeeel me

<_<

nikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel.... :chair:

:rant::hug:

here bro...

if u have 1 SD STB u pay for xyz packages...

now if u purchase another SD STB for another tv in the same house... it gets added to ur existing subscriber id... u have to pay Rs. 100 more (maybe 150/200 now) to get the same packages on the 2nd SD STB as well...

with the introduction of HD STB... it boils down to the same thing...

existing subscriber.... on purchasing HD STB u now have both SD n HD STB... so again by paying Rs.100(150/200) more u can get the same packages on the now redundant SD box... the HD box will retain whatever packages u had on ur SD box... and if u want to use the SD box u have to tell them u want to use it as a second connection in the same house...

so by paying the 100(150/200) extra per month u now have the same packages on both the SD n HD STB (except for the HD package which will only be available on the HD box)

also note... the packages r associated with the subscriber id... not with the box :chair:

WTF.. we need to have a diff Dish Antenna also. :hug: if true, that is sh*t from all DTH Companies for charging more monies from us i guess... <_<.

Why would antenna be different, isn't the STB supposed to do the conversion...

Dish is the same. Only the STB changes.

* ordered my Tata Sky HD <_< .. should be here by Saturday 'latest' they said. Yay!!!

nikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel.... :roflroll:

:roflroll::fear:

here bro...

if u have 1 SD STB u pay for xyz packages...

now if u purchase another SD STB for another tv in the same house... it gets added to ur existing subscriber id... u have to pay Rs. 100 more (maybe 150/200 now) to get the same packages on the 2nd SD STB as well...

with the introduction of HD STB... it boils down to the same thing...

existing subscriber.... on purchasing HD STB u now have both SD n HD STB... so again by paying Rs.100(150/200) more u can get the same packages on the now redundant SD box... the HD box will retain whatever packages u had on ur SD box... and if u want to use the SD box u have to tell them u want to use it as a second connection in the same house...

so by paying the 100(150/200) extra per month u now have the same packages on both the SD n HD STB (except for the HD package which will only be available on the HD box)

also note... the packages r associated with the subscriber id... not with the box :roflroll:

:blink: Understood. :rofl:

Are the STB charges reduced for existing customers, like if they want to get the HD STB and return the normal STB?

thr is no return policy... u get to keep the old stb... u can use it if u need a second connection

:roflroll: Understood. :roflroll:

:roflroll: ab ye le..... :fear:

Is Airtel IPTV gone HD yet?

airtel have launched HD... dunno if it can be used with iptv though...

Is Airtel IPTV gone HD yet?

i also have the airtel iptv.

it seems that the box has a HDMI port but if u take a closer look at the back of the box

u'll see that it is just shaped as a HDMI port, but is hollow n doesn't have the connector :|

OT: airtel has introduced a new plan 1299/- ,1 mbps, 120 channels

http://www.airtel.in/IP-TV/iptv_packages_1299.html

i also have the airtel iptv.

it seems that the box has a HDMI port but if u take a closer look at the back of the box

u'll see that it is just shaped as a HDMI port, but is hollow n doesn't have the connector :|

OT: airtel has introduced a new plan 1299/- ,1 mbps, 120 channels

http://www.airtel.in/IP-TV/iptv_packages_1299.html

Awesome - thanks. The bastards are charging me 1899 now for the same thing.

Archived