HD STB channels, packages and providers thread.

Aftrunner

After that what?

Are you still going to have to pay the monthly fees for a non HD channel?

Nope m gonna watch the SD channels from the cablewala.....tatasky stb only for HD channels.

i just called them up, don't go for that plan if u dld a lot.

it has a f**kin 15 GB limit @ 1mbps, after that 256kbps :doh:

i kept my 1499 plan. :|

here i am paying 1499 for just for the 1mbps broadband plan :P how is the quality of channels, is it worth going for it or stay with DTH only.

i just got this box...from my C/F agent .which is suppose to launch in indore in coming 2 days

1)component out

2)hdmi out

3) 1 free HDMI cable

its HD box with cost of 2899 .with 75 days free economy pack which consist 145 channels +1 hd channel free

presently HD espn /starsports is free till 12th july after this Discovery HD will be free for 75 days.

Its still expensive but Airtel DTH Consider them ruler :huh:

Great to see a TskyHD thread, I had a major ordeal with them during my upgrade to HD which gave me lot of insight.

This is specially for old Tsky subscribers, these guys dont have any cancellation policy of the old STB which is your primary card. So what they effectively do is, 1st install you HD box as your secondary connection, then swap the primary to secondary, primary now being the HD box and secondary the old SD one. Then they drop the secondary. But while they do this you have to forfeit your annual super saver packs, you would however retain any balances in your account. Their reason for this is that the annual packs are enabled on the primary connection, and the balance is on the subscriber ID. So clearly there is no good upgrade plan. I really had a bad tiff with them, with me recording their statements for record.

But the brighter side is, we all have been waiting for HD so long, and the pricing is amazing, the video quality is very nice. In last 5 days that I've watched the HD channels, I just dont feel like watching the normal channels anymore. All the HD content are eye popping, be it Discovery, Nat Geo, or the balls rolling in FIFA & wimbledon. :angry:

So, if your TV supports HD, go for it, you wont regret ! Just hoped Tsky would have been more clear & open on the upgrade plans for existing subscriber.

EDIT: Also wanna add, I have 2 Tsky and 1 DishTV SD STBs spare with no use, I would be glad if any one wants it and can pick up.

WTF??????? :P

no 1 mentioned anything abt this sh*t.... i have annual subscriptions for 3 packages.... if they try n screw me over i will make them suffer...

as it is i still see no sign of the damn HD box... i called up the helpline yesterday... the idiots were asking me... u want to buy HD?? finally on the 3rd cal i seemed to get someone who understood what i was saying... the dude promised i wud get the box today latest by 12pm... but still no sign of it... :P

WTF??????? :fear:

no 1 mentioned anything abt this sh*t.... i have annual subscriptions for 3 packages.... if they try n screw me over i will make them suffer...

as it is i still see no sign of the damn HD box... i called up the helpline yesterday... the idiots were asking me... u want to buy HD?? finally on the 3rd cal i seemed to get someone who understood what i was saying... the dude promised i wud get the box today latest by 12pm... but still no sign of it... :chair:

They initially quoted me 5 days for box delivery, then delivered it in 48 hrs. But activation took another 24 hrs because of all that issues.

They initially quoted me 5 days for box delivery, then delivered it in 48 hrs. But activation took another 24 hrs because of all that issues.

yup they said 5 "working" days... then next day i got a clal from a guy saying the box will come in 3 days.. so i will get it by friday... friday came n went... i called the CC @ 8pm.. after 3 failed attempts the dude said i wud get it by 12 today... no sign of it... :P

is the airtel HD box avbl in bangalore, i checked with croma and they had no clue.

Check in the airtel website for Where to Buy? and it should be there in Bangalore..

TS HD or AL HD?? Please help.. Already have Sun HD in my Dad's room but hate Sun for Unknown Reasons. Please Clarify.

For now TS HD as they have more channels. Plus a promise of all HD channels FREE for a year for existing subscribers. That and I have both TS (SD) as well as Airtel (SD) at home and prefer TS any given day. :(

Is wimbledon airing in HD?Picture quality?

ESPN HD still hasn't been activated. All the other channels are working fine. THe CC told me it will take an hour or so to activate

is the airtel HD box avbl in bangalore, i checked with croma and they had no clue.

brought it off their website yesterday...

Few more details:

No plans for existing customers (Currently)

The same dish and wire can be used if you are an existing customer

The remote is almost the same, except for a minor cosmetic change

You can select upto 1080i resolution

The box comes with 2 USB ports and an ethernet port

Comes with HDMI, Component, Composite connection options and SPDIF

SD quality looks the same

ESPN HD still hasn't been activated. All the other channels are working fine. THe CC told me it will take an hour or so to activate

brought it off their website yesterday...

i checked on there website, they said leave your details they will contact me,

PS: i am an existing subscriber.

this is sh*t...i recently got tata sy + and now hd comes

i called up the customer service to ask about the hd package and box

so they said all i can do is put away my tata sky+ box or give it to someone and get a new hd box so i have to change the box again

but then now if i do take the new box which doesnt make any sense since i bought sky+ a while back for 5k....evenif i do take it i cant record pause rewind or play just hd

wht the f**k

crazy.. in my london house i have sky hd thats so freaking cool they charge me 20pounds a month for landline, internet and sky hd only the box cost me..

i checked on there website, they said leave your details they will contact me,

PS: i am an existing subscriber.

yeah, so am I.

I called them on Thursday, they said nothing for existing customers has been planned yet.

Brought it mostly for the world cup, so waiting would have been pointless..

Archived