HD STB channels, packages and providers thread.

Aftrunner

i guess i am going to wait till we get Hd recorder from Airtel, i don't wanna spend again on recorder...

Edit: For old customer it will cost 2290

Athek u interested i can send u one from indore with discount price. let me know as i am distributor for airtel dth in indore

Hey anshul, thanks can you tell me if the recorder also supports HD?

Hey anshul, thanks can you tell me if the recorder also supports HD?

athek recorder box does have HDmi output but i have to ask marketting person about recording in Recorder box .if its available in website there should be.

even presently recorder box for existing user would cost u 5999..

new one is 6499..also i can get good discount on recharge voucher.

ESPN HD still hasn't been activated. All the other channels are working fine. THe CC told me it will take an hour or so to activate

brought it off their website yesterday...

Few more details:

No plans for existing customers (Currently)

The same dish and wire can be used if you are an existing customer

The remote is almost the same, except for a minor cosmetic change

You can select upto 1080i resolution

The box comes with 2 USB ports and an ethernet port

Comes with HDMI, Component, Composite connection options and SPDIF

SD quality looks the same

what are they used for?

athek recorder box does have HDmi output but i have to ask marketting person about recording in Recorder box .if its available in website there should be.

even presently recorder box for existing user would cost u 5999..

new one is 6499..also i can get good discount on recharge voucher.

cool lets get that clarity first...damn i just recharged for 3500 for the whole year if only you had told me earlier would have saved few hundreds :(

wait let me check.........u should have take economy pack which have 145 channels

i could have got u 3% discount on ur 3500 anyway not problem

also when did u got recharge as last month there was scheme---------------recharge 3 months get 1 month free............

@functionality for usb drive has been disable so far.

only function working right now is component cable ,hdmi ,spdif, phone recording @hd settop box

Funny i just talked to customer care and thy said HD for now is only available for Airtel Employees, and they are not clear if DVR will get HD or not...Guy looked pretty new to me :lock:

need to call 12148 for more info tomorrow...

Funny i just talked to customer care and thy said HD for now is only available for Airtel Employees, and they are not clear if DVR will get HD or not...Guy looked pretty new to me :O

need to call 12148 for more info tomorrow...

:lock:

fk tata sky.... 3-4 complaints down the line... being promised delivery n installation every day n still no sign of the fkin HD box....

:bigyellowgrin: their CC is a fkin joke... i called to complain abt not receiving the box n the doofus sayz... sir u want to book HD...

fk tata sky.... 3-4 complaints down the line... being promised delivery n installation every day n still no sign of the fkin HD box....

:bigyellowgrin: their CC is a fkin joke... i called to complain abt not receiving the box n the doofus sayz... sir u want to book HD...

Don't worry Airtel aint much better.

They took nearly 15 hours to activate ESPN HD. On top of that had to call up their CC 5 times yesterday to rectify my account balance...

I called up Tata Sky customer support today for enquiring about the HD channels and the scheme. They told me that sports channels like ESPN and Star Sports will only show HD broadcast for the world cup and after that they will switch to SD again :mellow:.

Archived