HD STB channels, packages and providers thread.

Aftrunner

I called up Tata Sky customer support today for enquiring about the HD channels and the scheme. They told me that sports channels like ESPN and Star Sports will only show HD broadcast for the world cup and after that they will switch to SD again :mellow:.

even currently only FIFA WC and Wimbledon are shown in HD all the others programs in ESPN/Star will be show in SD

So..is the HD really HD? I mean..I have dish TV :mellow:

Should I try dish HD which I don't want to..or is tata sky or even Airtel HD worth switching?

Dish HD doesnt have 5.1 audio, only 2.0 stereo!! read here..

Go through the entire thread if you want to know more!

I called up Tata Sky customer support today for enquiring about the HD channels and the scheme. They told me that sports channels like ESPN and Star Sports will only show HD broadcast for the world cup and after that they will switch to SD again :rulez:.

Airtel has separate channels for HD.

ESPN HD is on channel 224.

ESPN SD is on channel 225.

I called up Tata Sky customer support today for enquiring about the HD channels and the scheme. They told me that sports channels like ESPN and Star Sports will only show HD broadcast for the world cup and after that they will switch to SD again :rulez:.

[/q]

I have tatasky HD and m getting both HD and SD versions of ESPN and Star Sports...

got the box... thnx to vineet i clarified the primary secondary issue... got them to make hd primary n no secondary... n coz of this it will take 24 hours for the hd channels to get activated... :rofl:

but on the bright side.. at least i have the hardware now... :rulez:

got the box... thnx to vineet i clarified the primary secondary issue... got them to make hd primary n no secondary... n coz of this it will take 24 hours for the hd channels to get activated... :paagaldance:

but on the bright side.. at least i have the hardware now... :(

what is this primary and secondary :paagaldance:

Does this mean that epsn HD and star sports HD will not be 24/7 in HD ? :(

If no then it sucks :(

Nope, it's not 24*7.

It's event based. Although Nat Geo and Discovery are supposed to be 24*7. Airtel still hasn't released those channels...

what is this primary and secondary :angry:

if u have 1 dth box @ ur place n then u purchase another for a second tv... the first box is the primary n second is... well... secondary.. :blink:

Nope, it's not 24*7.

It's event based. Although Nat Geo and Discovery are supposed to be 24*7. Airtel still hasn't released those channels...

i have my fingers crossed that they put up the EPL in HD as well... since they managed to get wimbeldon in HD, i think it should be possible :P

Airtel has finally started distributing boxes to people. Airtel is talkin about 7.1 channerl dolby digital sound n stuff :-|..

Anyway, hope some sports channels remain HD. HD will surely pick up after all this hullabaloo. I dont mind paying 100 bucks a month just to get ESPN and Star in HD. EPL+Tennis tournaments are a win for me :devil:

got the box... thnx to vineet i clarified the primary secondary issue... got them to make hd primary n no secondary... n coz of this it will take 24 hours for the hd channels to get activated... :rofl:

but on the bright side.. at least i have the hardware now... :good:

:scratchchin:

So did they say you would loose any annual packages that were linked to your earlier primary STB ? It took me 24 hrs for activation because I was stuck in taking them to court for not releasing this information clearly which was kind of a very bad customer service to existing clients. Once I accepted what was on offer, i.e. to make the HD as secondary in order to continue my annual super saver pack, the boxes were activated immediately and I got the HD channels in 2-3 hrs. :-)

i just ordered HD package on Airtel. 2250 for HD connection.. and no extra charges for HD channels :good: Will have the connection ready by tomorrow as per their words. they better keep their words :scratchchin:

no extra charge for HD channels and you can keep your current package is actually a pleasant surprise. And after 12th of july also ESPN and Star will continue to be in HD which i really doubt if thats true.

but on the other hand airtel has sep channels for ESPN and Star HD so it could be true :rofl:

Archived