Ninokuni

Keyofx

Level 5 will take whoever they get. I am sure that they weren't confident to self-publish considering that the game didn't meet their sales expectations on the DS. I think right now, Namco is the only Japanese publisher taking some risks with the publishing business. I mean look that Enslaved, Dark Souls etc.

I don't quite agree. It will be lucky to get 200K in sales. Depends a lot on the promotional campaign and word of mouth. Considering that it is a new IP and that too a JRPG, it will have smaller US audience.

okay. I hope it sells atleast half million....may be like u said with word of mouth ...good pricing...

:console: remove one zero from those figures - from anywhere :)

definitely not that bad....

These kinds of games never sold well in the west. Im sure franchises like FF and SO would still do well.

i dont know but persona,sakura wars they do so well there....how come??

They find cartoonish games gay.

:lol:

Or kiddy, same applies to everywhere outside Japan. Its a big pain to explain to someone the difference between shounen and seinen anime.

i dont even know both...but oh man whatever comes from japan i like most of them i guess....from sakura wars to VC...for me it is all great.

i dont know but persona,sakura wars they do so well there....how come??

Both are big established franchises. Persona is famous in the west and SW had a niche following among the VN/Anime fanbase (and Im pretty sure it still didn't sell 500k-1 mil in the US)h,

Theres noway JRPGs like this are gonna get 500k-1m in the US alone.... heck those numbers are pretty good even for mainstream shooters..... I dont get why people think 200-300k in the US is bad , its very good considering the money they have put in marketing and development.... even a game made in the west will sell this much only given the marketing and genre...

Remember the target audience is still pretty much the same as during the PS1 days.... there hasnt really been any growth unlike the FPS genre...

Am assuming games like this have made their profit in japan alone... the western release is just a bonus all it needs to cover is the translation cost...

Both are big established franchises. Persona is famous in the west and SW had a niche following among the VN/Anime fanbase (and Im pretty sure it still didn't sell 500k-1 mil in the US)h,

Hopefully those people who buy persona and sakura's will give this a try too.

Theres noway JRPGs like this are gonna get 500k-1m in the US alone.... heck those numbers are pretty good even for mainstream shooters..... I dont get why people think 200-300k in the US is bad , its very good considering the money they have put in marketing and development.... even a game made in the west will sell this much only given the marketing and genre...

Remember the target audience is still pretty much the same as during the PS1 days.... there hasnt really been any growth unlike the FPS genre...

Am assuming games like this have made their profit in japan alone... the western release is just a bonus all it needs to cover is the translation cost...

okay . looking forward to it anyways....

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
PS3 exclusive JRPG Ni No Kuni out in Europe Q1 2013

PlayStation 3 exclusive Japanese role-playing game Ni No Kuni launches in Europe in Q1 2013.

Publisher Namco Bandai is localising the Studio Ghibli and Level-5 collaboration, adding English voices and subtitles in French, Italian, German and Spanish.

The game also includes the original Japanese voiceover, which you'll be able to listen to with English subtitles.

"We have worked very hard on Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch and it has been a great honour to collaborate with Studio Ghibli and [composer] Joe Hisaishi, so it was important for me that players outside Japan also have the best experience of the game we can give them," said Level-5 boss Akihiro Hino.

"To make this possible, we decided to invest the time in localising the game so that as many people as possible across Europe can enjoy the full experience in their own language."

Ni No Kuni has a Western subtitle of Wrath of the White Witch. The name refers to a magical world into which the hero, a 13-year-old boy called Oliver, can travel, using a magical book given to him by a fairy disguised as a doll. The game appears to take place between two realities: the real world, and the land of Ni No Kuni.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-15-ps3-exclusive-jrpg-ni-no-kuni-out-in-europe-q1-2013

• 3 months later...

Archived