Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

I still like to believe that LOGAN worked mainly because of the actors and by having an emotional connection. They were spot on and those guys don't mess around with herp-derp stuff much. Both Stewart and Jackman were amazing.

2 hours ago, AtheK said:

Also ya marvel has gone overboard with ironman, from a very likeable character it has become, Oh no not you again. 

2 hours ago, AtheK said:

Superhero movies are making money so you will keep getting them, and obviously there is an audience. Personally I am done, probably infinity wars and be done with it. Rest of the stuff at home. 

Exactly. Superhero movies sadly sell and having RDJ in it sells even more. OD3zNxy.png 

3 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

You're gonna skip Baby Driver? :ranting:

But yeah, I'm starting to feel the same as you do about superhero movies. The genre has become super stale for me now. Didn't even bother to watch Wonder Woman. Figured I've wasted enough time and money on mediocre sh*t already.

EDIT: Logan was f**king awesome though!

I really enjoy Edgar Wright movies and this one looks good like his other movies but still not sold, mainly because of the young lead cast and silly romance plot change (?) with Lily ruining the fun. 

Anyways, I'll wait for you to watch first and comment. umzKJSC.png 

20 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Anyways, I'll wait for you to watch first and comment. umzKJSC.png 

Just about a week to go now. I'm excited :D

------------------------------------

Only 720p and fan-made but it still looks so good! The fact that there's no official B&W version of this movie is mind-boggling.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

On 2017-6-22 at 11:42 PM, AtheK said:

Saw wonder woman, what a predictable boring movie. Gal gadot was super cute though, and somehow made sure I did not sleep, rest of the movie you can sleep walk. 3D is absolute garbage, i am kinda happy I missed guardians of galaxy this superhero stuff is now absolute boring and repetitive. No mood to watch spiderman too,  guess wait for Netflix or Amazon release now. 

The only thing when ever they said Ares, i wished Kratos will jump out of somewhere. 

:lol: Amanwa....tu har jega Kratos hi dekhta hai.......agar God Of War ka movie banega toh Kratos ka audition de dena....shayad role mil jaye...:P

Waisa yeha i also find superhero movies boring these days.....just posted same feeling about Doctor Strange few days ago..... and being superhero myself i find it even more boring.....

[emoji38] Amanwa....tu har jega Kratos hi dekhta hai.......agar God Of War ka movie banega toh Kratos ka audition de dena....shayad role mil jaye...:P

Waisa yeha i also find superhero movies boring these days.....just posted same feeling about Doctor Strange few days ago..... and being superhero myself i find it even more boring.....

Bhai she keeps yapping God of war, ares and Zeus I entire movie in a very funny accent. What can I do, Kratos should pop out and kill everyone and free audience of the boredom.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just now, AtheK said:

Bhai she keeps yapping God of war, ares and Zeus I entire movie in a very funny accent. What can I do, Kratos should pop out and kill everyone and free audience of the boredom.

:lol: ....

There should be a God of War movie.....sahi hoga. 

[emoji38] ....

There should be a God of War movie.....sahi hoga. 

A choice from the gods is as useless as the gods themselves.

:lol:

4 hours ago, AtheK said:

A choice from the gods is as useless as the gods themselves.

Kya dialogue ...Zeus ka baap hai Kratos joh bhi bolo....bc wohi khada ho paya Zeus ke saamne......I know bit off ot but  God Of War 4 should have been about Zeus....woh bhi apne time mein hoga kuch....anyways that is some where else to discuss.....

btw saw the movie Kong Skull Island....quite good...Samuel L Jackson sahi hai aaj bhi.....but lot of scene felt similar to King Kong.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, playstation said:

Kya dialogue ...Zeus ka baap hai Kratos joh bhi bolo....bc wohi khada ho paya Zeus ke saamne......I know bit off ot but  God Of War 4 should have been about Zeus....woh bhi apne time mein hoga kuch....anyways that is some where else to discuss.....

btw saw the movie Kong Skull Island....quite good...Samuel L Jackson sahi hai aaj bhi.....but lot of scene felt similar to King Kong.

>see big lizard charging
>looks at Kong
>"Die motherf**ker"

B)

absolutely baws

On 6/20/2017 at 9:50 PM, Gautam said:

Watched Wonder woman over the weekend. I don't get the hype. It was an OK movie. I enjoyed the first half but really didn't like the ending. The whole thing with Ares was so stupid.

Hide contents

Almost till the end I thought it was all metaphorical and there would be a realization that there is good and evil is within all humans. But nope. There's an Ares and there has to be a full blown superhero style fight to defeat him.

If the point about the movie was to introduce and celebrate the first female superhero, they really could have done something different and unique with the climactic battle and how she resolves the conflict. But it was the same cgi filled explosive fighting that's gotten so tiring over the last 5 years.

It even ruined the first half for me. When she kept saying that there's a dude call Ares and all she has to do is defeat him and that will end the war, she actually wasn't being naive, she wasn't being setup for some personal growth and enlightenment about human beings. She was right all along. There was a dude called Ares. She defeated him. That ended the war. Everyone else was stupid.

The kind of ending you envisioned would've never happened. Because it goes against the hardcore feminist agenda - all men are evil and are to be blamed for holding back women for centuries. Hardcore feminists have taken things way too far. I don't think even the hardcore feminists realise that what unites them is also responsible for causing infighting amongst them. For thousands upon thousands of years, women have always been drawn to catfights without any encouragement from us men. It's not as if we men divided women for centuries by consciously conditioning them to infight.

Hollywood is hell bent on saving the world from super villains, imaginative chipkalis, imaginative apes, imaginative dinosaurs, imaginative transforming beings. They can probably save the world much quickly if they stopped churning out crap like this. 

20 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Hollywood is hell bent on saving the world from clueless omega males, super villains, imaginative chipkalis, imaginative apes, imaginative dinosaurs, imaginative transforming beings. They can probably save the world much quickly if they stopped churning out crap like this. 

You left out one archetype. If hardcore feminists aren't infighting then they're either pitting family members against each other or senselessly bashing Ivanka Trump.

Apparently Spiderman has overwhelmingly positive first impressions from critics-:
http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/06/24/spider-man-homecoming-first-reactions-from-critics-are-overwhelmingly-positive

Didnt you get the memo whn ww got positive impressions.. early impressions dont mean squats nemore.. [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Like 1