Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

Very well done. You're taut with anticipation throughout the film, no theatrical jumps or heroics here.

Sent from my Lenovo X3a40 using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, waveking said:

So looks like Nolan god has done it again!! Can't wait to finally see it. 

Yeah, looks like it's yet another masterpiece from Nolan. 

Now where is that hater dude Zilibangz lol 

1 hour ago, Star Lord said:

That epic sound of planes engines 

Actually, the German planes were completely off key. 

• Like 1

Yeah, looks like it's yet another masterpiece from Nolan. 

Now where is that hater dude Zilibangz lol 

If he hates it its fine its his opinion what was hillarious about it though was that he hadnt even seen it and was asking joe he should talk about after hes seen the movie lmao.. and really pushed it when he callled nolan a hack.. [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Well Dunkirk left me feeling underwhelmed.

I mean it's technically brilliant. The sound design is phenomenal with some thunderous sound effects and the cinematography is great.

But it's hollow at the core. You don't give a sh*t about anyone (maybe just a sliver for Tom Hardy's character but that's about it). Heck some of the main characters could have even passed off as extras.

Also, the non-linear narrative just came across as gimmicky in this one. Just couldn't see what it added to the movie. It actually broke the tension in one scene coz you've already seen the outcome from another perspective. And it also gets pretty muddled towards the end.

Overall, I'd say it's a movie equivalent of a tech demo.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, sobbii said:

If he hates it its fine its his opinion what was hillarious about it though was that he hadnt even seen it and was asking joe he should talk about after hes seen the movie lmao.. and really pushed it when he callled nolan a hack.. emoji23.png

What's hilarious is how ignorant and cringeworhty Nolan's lovers are...its downright pathetic and embarrassing....

I was talking about the lack of historical context offered in his latest film ..which was the only the topic of discussion for me,  I stuck to pretty much that until some idiot came in here and made it personal

So before you come here talking  sh*t ....go read again about what was being discussed, I simply asked Joecool to watch the film and then offer to refute a random comment made on reddit saying the movie doesn't have a backstory

Which is now well well documented...you have to be blind to not see it written everywhere.

And movie opinions are subjective....case in point - stickerboy's review, not everyone is required to have a raging hard on for that HACK and his films.

Edited by zibalingz

What's hilarious is how ignorant and cringeworhty Nolan's lovers are...its downright pathetic and embarrassing....

I was talking about the lack of historical context offered in his latest film ..which was the only the topic of discussion for me,  I stuck to pretty much that until some idiot came in here and made it personal

So before you come here talking  sh*t ....go read again about what was being discussed, I simply asked Joecool to watch the film and then offer to refute a random comment made on reddit saying the movie doesn't have a backstory

Which is now well well documented...you have to be blind to not see it written everywhere.

And movie opinions are subjective....case in point - stickerboy's review, not everyone is required to have a raging hard on for that HACK and his films.

Lmao why are you so triggered for no reason.. how about you watch it aswell and start posting about its accuracies... just how you posted about what others wrote regarding its inaccuracies, joe posted positive stuff he read.. why dont you practice what you preach..

17 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Well Dunkirk left me feeling underwhelmed.

I mean it's technically brilliant. The sound design is phenomenal with some thunderous sound effects and the cinematography is great.

But it's hollow at the core. You don't give a sh*t about anyone (maybe just a sliver for Tom Hardy's character but that's about it). Heck some of the main characters could have even passed off as extras.

Also, the non-linear narrative just came across as gimmicky in this one. Just couldn't see what it added to the movie. It actually broke the tension in one scene coz you've already seen the outcome from another perspective. And it also gets pretty muddled towards the end.

Overall, I'd say it's a movie equivalent of a tech demo.

Ok. You're on to something. Now take everything that you've said that was missing in the movie and reduce them down to one word.

What is the first word that comes to mind?

What Nolan is trying to prove is that film makers should not rely solely on that one word to tell a story. What Nolan has proven with Dunkirk is that you can create an exciting theatrical experience even if you break the mould.

1 minute ago, sobbii said:

Lmao why are you so triggered for no reason.. how about you watch it aswell and start posting about its accuracies... just how you posted about what others wrote regarding its inaccuracies, joe posted positive stuff he read.. why dont you practice what you preach..

Lmao how am I triggered?? It seem my opinion triggered some backlash here before, not to mention ignorant person coming in here telling me they rather read Wikipedia then read what I have to say..then go do that numbnuts

And this isn't about inaccuracies...inaccuracies are where a  director or  his movie wrongly portrays history or skews real life events that took place

There is nothing inaccurate here....do you even know what that word means? .. You'd atleast expect your lord and savior to do his due diligence before making a film.

3 minutes ago, pixeljunkie said:

Ok. You're on to something. Now take everything that you've said that was missing in the movie and reduce them down to one word.

What is the first word that comes to mind?

What Nolan is trying to prove is that film makers should not rely solely on that one word to tell a story. What Nolan has proven with Dunkirk is that you can create an exciting theatrical experience even if you break the mould.

No offense man but I don't have the patience to play your games. Please find someone else to play them with.

Lmao how am I triggered?? It seem my opinion triggered some backlash here before, not to mention ignorant person coming in here telling me they rather read Wikipedia then read what I have to say..then go do that numbnuts

And this isn't about inaccuracies...inaccuracies are where a  director or  his movie wrongly portrays history or skews real life events that took place

There is nothing inaccurate here....do you even know what that word means? .. You'd atleast expect your lord and savior to do his due diligence before making a film.

Hahaha see thats how ignorant you are to call a film director my lord and saviour without even knowing my opinion about him.. i will give you all the time in the world pull one post out of mine where i am oggling over nolan.. you are so engulfed in your hate against the movie and nolan that you cant even read despite posting this thrice or may be 4 times.. but here again i will say watch the film thn make an opinion and thn bash it just like how you are asking other to watch it.. still dont get it ask someone to help you out to understand what i am saying..

P.S i have not seen the movie nor am i planing to anytime soon.. its really easy to call someone a fanboy who disagree with your opinion.. make your own opinion dude rather thn crying over whats being posted online by others..

35 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Actually, without the three different stories tying into each other it could have been just another generic war film. The three different parallels are super interesting because they condense a what could have been an arduous three plus hour "A Bridge To Far" /L.o.C into something that feels incredibly tense. 

Lack of constant dialogue is another method to the madness. 

I would rate the film highly for how he manages to show how humans are when put through the suffering, I can totally imagine some other director turning this into an, us vs them story with a long drawn out conclusion. Nolan just managed to recreate the whole Miracle at Dunkirk. 

• Like 2