Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

Blade Runner 2049 was amazing, story was totally gripping till the end, cinematography was top notch and soundtrack was awesome. Acting and direction were pretty amazing too. It was one of the longest English movies that I have seen in theatres and I don't regret it, if it ran for another hour, I would have gladly sit there. Loved it.

Spoiler

Ryan Gosling ka KLPD bahot sahi hua...naukri bhi gayi..chhokri bhi gayi...zindagi bhi gayi :rofl:

3 hours ago, pixeljunkie said:

Alia Bhatt wonders whether people will continue to love her

So, what do the members here think? Do you think her fans and contemporaries will continue to love her?

I hold you responsible for making me read that drivel. Its like a 13 year old trying to sound deep and insightful. :/

one last hype
I just hope they dont show supes in this final trailer.. i guess its a final trailer.. or am i wrong..??
Would be funny though if they show him..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, him2anshu said:

Hide contents

Ryan Gosling ka KLPD bahot sahi hua...naukri bhi gayi..chhokri bhi gayi...zindagi bhi gayi :rofl:

Spoiler for Blade Runner 2049

But then he finally got what he was looking for :P.

He died a happy man, that is if he died at all. 

Edited by STICK3Rboy

11 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Spoiler for Blade Runner 2049

Reveal hidden contents

But then he finally got what he was looking for :P.

He died a happy man i.e. if he died at all. 

Hahaha...yes that was the whole theme of the movie. But I really loved that reveal. That moment was hilarious and people were shouting WTF in theatre and some of them even clapped at the end. 

7 minutes ago, him2anshu said:

Hahaha...yes that was the whole theme of the movie. But I really loved that reveal. That moment was hilarious and people were shouting WTF in theatre and some of them even clapped at the end. 

No claps at my screening :\

There were a few walkouts though. And that too right after

Joe kills Luv.

That was one brilliant f**king scene! Intense, desperate and violent and yet beautiful at the same time. I legit got a few shivers after watching that and then I saw people walking out. That made me go WTF :|

25 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

No claps at my screening :\

There were a few walkouts though. And that too right after

Reveal hidden contents

Joe kills Luv.

That was one brilliant f**king scene! Intense, desperate and violent and yet beautiful at the same time. I legit got a few shivers after watching that and then I saw people walking out. That made me go WTF :|

That's just sad to hear. Maybe they had different expectations from the movie.

Yes, that fight was very well presented, the uncertainty made it so thrilling. Even the pacing of the whole movie was consistent. There is not a single part or character in the movie that feels forced. I even got goosebumps at all those wide landscapic shots with Zimmers soundtrack kicking in the background. There were so many great moments that I can watch it a few times more and everytime there will be something new to notice. The movie for me was simply poetic. 

Edited by him2anshu
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, him2anshu said:

Yes, that fight was very well presented, the uncertainty made it so thrilling. Even the pacing of the whole movie was consistent. There is not a single part or character in the movie that feels forced. I even got goosebumps at all those wide landscapic shots with Zimmers soundtrack kicking in the background. There were so many great moments that I can watch it a few times more and everytime there will be something new to notice. The movie for me was simply poetic. 

Yup. Just like the original, it immediately pulled me into its bleak, dystopian world and the soundtrack is a big part of why both the movies are so immersive. And also the spectacular visuals of course.

4 minutes ago, adity said:

f**k I need to watch this. Gotta watch the first one tho.
There are so many versions. Which one to watch?

Watch the final cut. It's a slow paced sci-fi. So go in with the right mindset.

Even if you end up not liking the original, give the sequel a shot. My brother isn't a big fan of the original and he absolutely loved 2049.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, him2anshu said:

It's meh for you because you have seen other movies with better effects and action sequences over the years. But it's a great movie of its time.

A bad movie is a bad movie, irrelevant of the time period. Apart from visual effect(considering the age) , the movie doesn't have anything going for it. Only saw it for 2049.