Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

30 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

There are people out there who like the kind of movies that I don't like? Must be hipsters.

Don't bother. 

_

Han Solo standalone is called "SOLO - A Star Wars Story"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sobbii said:

you already fell though.. how about to just let him be entitled to his opinion...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

lol , I haven't watched the movie yet, either the old or the new version .... 

But I was speaking generally, having been in the forum for almost a decade, i can say there're a lot of hipsters here .... :D

Edited by Ne0

lol , I haven't watched the movie yet, either the old or the new version .... 

But I was speaking generally, having been in the forum for almost a decade, I have seen lot of hipsters here .... [emoji3]
i get it what you are saying but acknowledging one is also like falling in the trap.. [emoji14]

i tried watching the original and i really did try slept 4 days straight while trying to watch it [emoji14] #notahipster

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Ne0 said:

lol, there're many hipsters on IVG , don't fall into their trap .... :P

I dont think you understand what the word Hipster means. Liking something popular and critically acclaimed is almost literally the opposite of being a hipster. :lol:

10 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Han Solo standalone is called "SOLO - A Star Wars Story"

Kinda expected that title.

Anyway, I think I'll be watching this movie more for Donald Glover than for it being a Star Wars movie. I love that guy :P

So I saw Blade Runner 2049. I went in without so much as knowing what a blade runner is, and.. I really quite liked it. Yeah, it is slow, it is pretty, visually stunning, with a medium rare story that unfolds quite slowly, but, and most importantly, it was truly immersive. While watching the movie I was watching only it, and my mind didn't wander. As an experience in a movie theatre, there's nothing better that a movie can do for me, holding my undivided attention. 

Every goddamn frame can be the most liked post on VSCO / Instagram. I liked almost every performance, except Jared Leto's. Joi was great. The underlying philosophical themes, which can be any in number and completely varied depending on your own self, the world imagined, the slow, deliberate movements by Gosling, the muted yet brutal fights, characters etc, all contributed to making this a properly interesting film. 

Sure, there were a few gaps,

Spoiler

like how could K not know that his location would be tracked,

and minor stuff like that, but that gets largely ignored in the bigger scheme of things.

Spoiler

It also gets the award for the world's weirdest "threesome". ;)

• Like 1

Thor: Ragnarok is a big bet for Marvel. It deviates from everything it’s structured the franchise to be, but it’s also a perfect example of taking big risks for even bigger wins. Thor: Ragnarok is winning like no Marvel movie has won before.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/19/16499348/thor-ragnarok-review-avengers-marvel-2017

Formulaic? :lol: