Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

On 10/30/2017 at 3:03 PM, hazard12345 said:

saw ragnarok, better than all previous thor movies.

also that end credit scene for infinity war:sign_omg:

Being better than the first two Thor movies isn't exactly a high bar tbh. I put them in the lower tier of MCU. Still, I have no doubt that Ragnarok will kick a*s! Taika Waititi is such an inspired director choice from Marvel.

How many post-credits scenes are there btw? And is there one at the very end?

PS: I like how credits scenes have become a thing, a majority of the audience stays back these days, especially the first-day crowd. Not sure how it is in other cities though.

On 11/1/2017 at 8:04 PM, hazard12345 said:

2nd one in the end is useless and not funny at all, but the 1st one is for infinity war

Thanks for this, although I liked the funny/useless one at the end of Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Didn't get tickets for IMAX 3D tonight, will have to wait till tomorrow now. I'm definitely reserving much ahead of time for Star Wars and JL now.

By the Gods, Thor: Ragnarok is awesome!

It is director Taika Waititi's movie through and through with his goofy Kiwi humour all over the place (in a good way). I know "all out humour" isn't what one would expect when you have a movie titled "Ragnarok" but accept it for what it is (like I did) and you're sure to have a blast. I know I did.

Also, the crowd at my screening was great too. Everyone was hooting, laughing and cheering throughout. Such an atmosphere really adds that little extra to the movie which makes you love it even more.

It's funny how after GOTG2, I was on the verge of giving up on Marvel. I thought I'd had enough of their overdone formula. But then came Homecoming and Ragnarok, both of which have entertained me thoroughly and have actually become two of my most favourite Marvel movies. Now I'm actually quite looking forward to the next Avengers.

• Like 2