Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

50 minutes ago, adity said:

2d is only available in shitty theaters in Mumbai. 

Booked tomorrow 1 pm. Let's see if it's actually as good as people say. 

I'll book it in shitty theater if there was one around me, the compromise is worth it. I do carry me anti-3D googles to the movie, but it still doesn't stop it from being half dim.

OFFICIAL

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. The addition of Avatar to its family of films also promises expanded opportunities for consumers to watch and experience storytelling within these extraordinary fantasy worlds.

https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/walt-disney-company-acquire-twenty-first-century-fox-inc-spinoff-certain-businesses-52-4-billion-stock-2/

8 minutes ago, adity said:

It's a major pita for anyone who wears specs. Also, the 3d doesn't add anything meaningful to the movie. 

I really don't understand the obsession with 3d.

Its also major pita for people like us who don't wear glasses (no brag :p) precisely because we don't wear glasses. It feels weird and uncomfortable and distracting af. 3D is dead, the theaters just haven't got the memo yet.

1 hour ago, adity said:

In my experience it's on par with 2d shows. 

On a side note, I f**king hate ads in movie theaters. Pvr shows half an hour worth of ads and trailers in the movie. 

It's the opposite of how it was before. Now we watch stuff at home ad free using streaming services and go to theater to watch ads. 

Its even worse when its inconsistent. 

Like some shows will have a solid 20 minutes of ads and nonsense before the film. So you decide to show up 20 minutes late for once and of course that film/show had very little ads and now you have missed the opening 15 minutes. :wallbash:

9 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

Its even worse when its inconsistent. 

Like some shows will have a solid 20 minutes of ads and nonsense before the film. So you decide to show up 20 minutes late for once and of course that film/show had very little ads and now you have missed the opening 15 minutes. :wallbash:

hahahaha... i feel you bro.... Have fallen in this trap a couple of times.... 

The other thing now is that they put in the national anthem... You get to the theatre early (after office in the evening) and buy all the munchies to eat , Food on my lap and with a mouthful of food, on it comes... hahahaha.... 

2 minutes ago, ayush12ice said:

hahahaha... i feel you bro.... Have fallen in this trap a couple of times.... 

The other thing now is that they put in the national anthem... You get to the theatre early (after office in the evening) and buy all the munchies to eat , Food on my lap and with a mouthful of food, on it comes... hahahaha.... 

Genuinely dislike the national anthem in the theaters too. Devalues and demeans it IMO. 

But apparently that makes you anti national. :/

Sounds like nice cinematic experience. 30-minute ads in theatre. ROFL. 09Dihrl.png

__

1 minute ago, adity said:

In other news 

Slow like always.

The Walt Disney Company To Acquire Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc., After Spinoff Of Certain Businesses, For $52.4 Billion In Stock

• Acquisition complements and enhances The Walt Disney Company’s ability to provide consumers around the world with more appealing content and entertainment options
  • Transaction to include 21st Century Fox’s film and television studios, cable entertainment networks and international TV businesses
  • Popular entertainment properties including X-Men, Avatar, The Simpsons, FX Networks and National Geographic to join Disney’s portfolio
  • Expands Disney’s direct-to-consumer offerings with addition of 21st Century Fox’s entertainment content, capabilities in the Americas, Europe and Asia; Hulu stake becomes a controlling interest
  • Addition of extensive international properties, including Star in India and Fox’s 39% ownership of Sky across Europe, enhances Disney’s position as a truly global entertainment company with world-class offerings in key regions
  • Robert A. Iger to remain Chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company through 2021