Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

1 hour ago, ayush12ice said:

hahahaha... i feel you bro.... Have fallen in this trap a couple of times.... 

The other thing now is that they put in the national anthem... You get to the theatre early (after office in the evening) and buy all the munchies to eat , Food on my lap and with a mouthful of food, on it comes... hahahaha.... 

I once dropped my 300rs chocolate doughnut because national anthem suddenly started. Was furious but couldn't complain because patriotism yo. 

12 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

Genuinely dislike the national anthem in the theaters too. Devalues and demeans it IMO. 

But apparently that makes you anti national. :/

Yeah man.... Siachen mein hamare jawaan khare hai.... :P 

11 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

I once dropped my 300rs chocolate doughnut because national anthem suddenly started. Was furious but couldn't complain because patriotism yo. 

hahahhaha :rofl:  bhai aap bahut hi patriotic ho... 

Goddamn that was intense, right from first minute. The middle part is dumb like the reviews said and drags for too long and in the end matters little to the plot, but the rest of the 2 hours is incredibly fast paced. Also happy to see they used ...

Spoiler

Yoda from original trilogy and not prequels. 

Only few gripes

Spoiler

1. Snoke died like a bitch

2. Phasma died like a bitch

3. Luke surviving combined blaster fire from seven AT-ATs like it was nothing and you think that's one bad-a*s Jedi, until you realize its just his projection.

4. Rey's parenthood remains mystery, unless she truly came from nothing, which would be stupid.

5. "Long live the Supreme Leader" what? :lol:

Gotta be honest. With the burning disappointment of last year's Rogue One still pretty fresh on my mind and then watching the lights come on in the theater after what was a pretty ordinary first half, I started asking myself if I'd just gotten too old for this sh*t.

But then the second half happened........and Holy sh*t! So many goddamned beautifully shot, incredible Star Wars moments! And the best part is the movie earns these moments. That combined with the rousing John Williams score had my inner fanboy squealing with joy! I was reminded again why I fell in love with Star Wars in the first place.

Also, I realize the decisions they took with some of the characters and plot will definitely not be to everyone's liking (heck there's already plenty of hate popping up from the general audience) but I loved them. I can honestly say I left the theater extremely satisfied. Can't wait to watch it again on Sunday.

And yes, like everyone has already said, that Finn/Rose subplot was the weakest part of the movie. But I guess they had to have Finn be up to something.

EDIT: On second thought though, that subplot does come to a rather spectacular conclusion. Loved that scene.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

4 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Goddamn that was intense, right from first minute. The middle part is dumb like the reviews said and drags for too long and in the end matters little to the plot, but the rest of the 2 hours is incredibly fast paced. Also happy to see they used ...

Hide contents

Yoda from original trilogy and not prequels. 

Only few gripes

Hide contents

1. Snoke died like a bitch

2. Phasma died like a bitch

3. Luke surviving combined blaster fire from seven AT-ATs like it was nothing and you think that's one bad-a*s Jedi, until you realize its just his projection.

4. Rey's parenthood remains mystery, unless she truly came from nothing, which would be stupid.

5. "Long live the Supreme Leader" what? :lol:

I honestly though that 

Spoiler

Reys parents being nobody's was perfect. I genuinely would have rolled my eyes if she was related to someone big in the universe. 

Also really weird that they left Leia live. They had the perfect moment to kill her off when she is blasted into space and they had a really good replacement in Jurassic Park lady. All she does later on could have been done by the dino chick. Wonder how they will bring Leia back into the next film since they already said they wont do any CGI.

Overall I really liked the film. But some parts of it really drag. It feels like the Fin/Snow side adventure was there just so that everyone would have something to do. 

12 minutes ago, adity said:

Hide contents

yup the movie really demystifies the Force which I think is a good thing. It's not about who is who's son or daughter, anyone can be anything if he/she believes in the force. 

Honestly Princess Leia using the force was pretty f**king cool. I thought she was done for but she started using the force and it was an unexpected awesome moment. 

Also, that light speed collision was so well shot. 

Btw, did that boy in the end use the force on the broom or I am imagining things?

Yes he did. 

Also that shot that few reviews talked about, the one they said you'll want to have wallpaper or poster of, and the one you'll instantly know when you see it. I thought it'd be difficult to recognize it in a generally well shot movie from start to end. But nope, the moment I saw it I knew this is what they were talking about.

Spoiler

Luke standing in front of AT-ATs.

4 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Gotta be honest. With the burning disappointment of last year's Rogue One still pretty fresh on my mind and then watching the lights come on in the theater after what was a pretty ordinary first half, I started asking myself if I'd just gotten too old for this sh*t.

But then the second half happened........and Holy sh*t! So many goddamned beautifully shot, incredible Star Wars moments! And the best part is the movie earns these moments. That combined with the rousing John Williams score had my inner fanboy squealing with joy! I was reminded again why I fell in love with Star Wars in the first place.

Also, I realize the decisions they took with some of the characters and plot will definitely not be to everyone's liking (heck there's already plenty of hate popping up from the general audience) but I loved them. I can honestly say I left the theater extremely satisfied. Can't wait to watch it again on Sunday.

And yes, like everyone has already said, that Finn/Rose subplot was the weakest part of the movie. But I guess they had to have Finn be up to something.

EDIT: On second thought though, that subplot does come to a rather spectacular conclusion. Loved that scene.

Pretty much. First half was okay but damn that second half was AMAZING. We enjoyed it so much. L8qamxI.png 

Every scene from the second was perfect. The crowd was fantastic too. Goosebumps. 

Very happy with the outcome. 

Snoke death was hilarious and didn't expect it. Phasma was being Phasma. 

I wonder what happens to Leia now. They did an amazing job with her character. So many emotions.

Exceeded my expectations. x1E1IvV.png 

4 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Pretty much. First half was okay but damn that second half was AMAZING. We enjoyed it so much. L8qamxI.png 

Every scene from the second was perfect. The crowd was fantastic too. Goosebumps. 

Very happy with the outcome. 

Snoke death was hilarious and didn't expect it. Phasma was being Phasma. 

I wonder what happens to Leia now. They did an amazing job with her character. So many emotions.

Exceeded my expectations. x1E1IvV.png 

23 minutes ago, adity said:

Reveal hidden contents

That revelation explains certain oddities you notice, like

Spoiler

Why he looked younger than himself on the island

Why he has Anakin's saber even though it was destroyed moments ago in a tug-o-war

Why C3PO looked at him like that (he fking knew)

Why doesn't he have red footprints in the sand like Kylo does

Why he just dodges attacks instead of blocking them with his own saber

It was really cleverly done.

6 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

That revelation explains certain oddities you notice, like

Hide contents

Why he looked younger than himself on the island

Why he has Anakin's saber even though it was destroyed moments ago in a tug-o-war

Why C3PO looked at him like that (he fking knew)

Why doesn't he have red footprints in the sand like Kylo does

Why he just dodges attacks instead of blocking them with his own saber

It was really cleverly done.

Spoiler

My first thought was Luke had probably killed himself or something and it was his force ghost that had showed up. I mean he looked visibly younger and he literally showed up out of nowhere in a cave which supposedly had only one entry/exit. Even Poe was like, "How the hell did he get in here?" :lol: 

Speaking of which, I loved how some scenes had dialogues which actually spelled out what I was thinking. One was of course that Poe dialogue and the other one off the top of my head was when Kylo (wearing his helmet) was speaking to Snoke somewhere around the beginning of the movie . Kylo's voice sounded oddly ridiculous to me through that helmet and the very next moment Snoke says something along the lines of "Take that ridiculous thing off!" :lol: 

Also I'm seeing tons of hate for this movie on the internet. TFA was pretty much universally loved initially but got a lot of hate later on. Could this turn out to be the opposite?