Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

Really not feeling the Han Solo trailer. 

The guy playing Han Solo needs to be a charisma factory and I am just not seeing that. Maybe the next trailer will showcase more of that. 

I mean, I will still watch it. But still. 

7 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

The guy playing Han Solo needs to be a charisma factory and I am just not seeing that. Maybe the next trailer will showcase more of that. 

I don't think this guy can match up to Ford's portrayal of Solo and weirdly I'm at peace with that.

I'm OK with him doing his thing and I just want him to give a good performance.

And it's probably a given but I'm hoping the character is shown to be more morally grey. I've had my fill of all the goody-two-shoes protagonists in big-budget blockbusters.

I wasn't very big on the idea of a Han Solo movie back when it was announced but after seeing this trailer, I'm excited about it. I see the potential for a very fun movie/series.

-----

‘Game Of Thrones’ Duo Benioff & Weiss To Pilot New ‘Star Wars’ Movie Series

The deal will see the new films as separate from the episodic Skywalker saga, which just bowed Star Wars: The Last Jedi in December, and also separate from the recently announced trilogy being developed by Last Jedi writer-director Rian Johnson. 

Like the Johnson trilogy announced in November, no release dates have been set for the new films. The next movie in the Star Wars franchise is the second stand-alone pic, Solo: A Star Wars Story directed by Ron Howard, which bows May 25.

I'll probably be in the minority when I say, "Bring it on!" :bigyellowgrin:

Edited by STICK3Rboy

Just Star Wars stories. Completely different people working on it. 

Han was bound to get a standalone movie someday. Would have been nice if it was played by Ford but I guess it's too late for that. Dl7Inw4.png 

The trilogy is still 2 years 1 movie and when they are done with sequel trilogy, they will take another long break. 

__

Can't wait to see my Glover Lando on screen. EfCp97r.png  

Just Star Wars stories. Completely different people working on it. 

Han was bound to get a standalone movie someday. Would have been nice if it was played by Ford but I guess it's too late for that. Dl7Inw4.png 

The trilogy is still 2 years 1 movie and when they are done with sequel trilogy, they will take another long break. 

__

Can't wait to see my Glover Lando on screen. EfCp97r.png  
theres another trilogy in the work.. different from rian johnsons..

the got writer duo are working on it...

https://www.google.co.in/amp/deadline.com/2018/02/star-wars-trilogy-david-benioff-d-b-weiss-game-of-thrones-duo-1202279600/amp/

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Yes, but without the original cast and won't connect to the original trilogy. It'll be a completely different story. 

So much hype around the duo but GOT became just another show when they ran out of material from the books. Nothing special about their writing.