Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

Archit     

Yeah movie looks and feel very different from other super hero movies. Art style is so good the movie. Absolutely loved it. 

Only sad part is that theatre was not full. It was only 70% full. Watched it in Imax. 

Though I'm not surprised not many people turned up even on first day here as Black panther is not that popular hero. 

Here it was houseful like every other MCU film. Also, according to box office tracking it's going to have the highest grossing opening weekend for any superhero movie since Civil War.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, similar feelings here. It was good ol' marvel all the way, replete with quirky humor and good CGI.  Movie itself was pretty average though.  It's still entertaining, but with so many superhero movies releasing every year, its hard to be wowed in this genre anymore !

Also, what's up with most theaters in blr showing only 3D ? I could hardly find a 2D show for this movie.  

Loved Black Panther. That car chase scene was amazing. Very well done! Overall action was pretty good and have to give props to the creative action team. They always bring something creative in each of their releases.

Also, after a long long time and first time in NCR, I got to sit with pretty good audience which pretty cheerful in action scenes and very quite in other scenes. Just like I wanted. Marvel movies should be watched with cheerful audience.

38 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

same here in blr too, lively audience cheering and clapping throughout .... also, the humor is quite well done, almost the theater lol'd when that lady scientist says "I'm gonna name them .... sneakers" :lol: 

That was a clever Back To The Future reference, she says that it's designed after "that '80s movie father used to watch all the time." :lol:  Audience at my theater was cheering throughout the whole film as well.

2 hours ago, HEMAN said:

Guys do we have DV and atoms theatres in India?

Almost all PVR cinemas in NCR support Dolby Atmos now. 

All the Imax theatres In NCR support Dolby Atmos - Ambience, Select City Walk and Logix all are 3D Imax with Dolby Atmos. 

I read somewhere PVR plans to add Atmos in every theater they own. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

2 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Is Black Panther better than Thor: Ragnarok? 

Panther is more serious with little humour here and there. Ragnarok is total comedy super hero film lol . I enjoyed both. :D

Black Panther is better when it comes to Villain and story. 

40 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Almost all PVR cinemas in NCR support Dolby Atmos now. 

All the Imax theatres In NCR support Dolby Atmos - Ambience, Select City Walk and Logix all are 3D Imax with Dolby Atmos. 

I read somewhere PVR plans to add Atmos in every theater they own. 

What about dolby vision?

10 minutes ago, waveking said:

Anyone seen SHAPE OF WATER? Also what about PHANTOM THREAD?v

BP, tbh, I am not that hyped about. Will def go see it but have quite low expectations. 

Shape of Water was pretty good for me. I would not nominate it for so many awards that it got nominated for, but it was still a very beautiful film, well worth a watch.

Edited by Ph3N0M