Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

Didn't read reviews for Shape of Water, just read that it was good, Took mum and sis along, didn't expect it would turn into a part romance part thriller lol!! I was expecting a monster movie.

But it is entertaining, the period setting is good, the actors are good and the creature effects look real. Go for it.

Logan Lucky (2017) was okay. Was expecting more and better heist but didn't pan out that way. Probably will be more fun on re-watch. 6/10.

Hilary Swank was awful. Adam Driver and Daniel Craig scenes were good. The Game of Thrones reference was so pointless and random that bit was perfect comedic timing. 

__

Murder on the Orient Express - what was waste of time. Nice visuals but everything else was bad. Awful pacing with zero character development and doesn't do any of the detective work that is to be expected of a story like this... 

Just dull overall. Very disappointing but was expected from Derp movie. 5/10. Rt0Slan.png 

Back from Black Panther. Didn't like it that much.
Not even close to Thor which I enjoyed thoroughly.

May be got hyped up and hence my expectations were high
Exactly my view. After reading reviews here I was expecting lots of entertainment. It felt quite short.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Exactly my view. After reading reviews here I was expecting lots of entertainment. It felt quite short.

felt like a bollywood script tbh..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

It was more serious compared to Ragnarok which was basically a comedy movie.  

Ragnarok was full on entertainment though. It was a space adventure/buddy comedy.

--

Black Panther’ already beat ‘Justice League's’ total box office

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/black-panther-beat-justice-league-total-box-office-article-1.3830362

Took just 4 days [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently super fun. 

• Fast and funny, filled with memorable characters, and able to balance slapstick and violence without spilling too far in either direction, this frenetic R-rated farce is that rare comic gem that lands on all the spaces without ever going to jail.
  • A charismatic ensemble cast, a sharp script and a few well-placed twists make Game Night one of the more enjoyable big studio comedies in recent memory.
  • A raucously funny film that has a knack for going right up to the edge of nastiness.
  • When comedies are as clever and funny as Game Night, everybody wins.
  • Good movie comedies are in short supply these days, making Game Night more fun than it deserves to be.
  • Much better than you might expect.
  • A lively and exciting enough romp to watch unfold, even if it is completely frivolous.

Annihilation also releasing. Getting good reviews so far.

• A lavish, magnificently unnerving visual feast threaded through with well-earned jump scares and real metaphysical force.
  • Alex Garland's bracing brainteaser has the courage of its own ambiguity. You work out the answers in your own head, in your own time, in your own dreams, where the best sci-fi puzzles leave things. Get ready to be rocked.
  • "Annihilation" becomes ever more trippy and challenging - and thus ever more interesting.
  • Annihilation will be an acquired taste and should start some conversations.
  • The novel and the movie exist as separate and equally enjoyable entities.
  • This is smart, troubling science fiction, with a cast of supremely talented actresses, and [Natalie] Portman showing us a character full of turmoil bubbling under the surface.

This will be available on Netflix on March 12. 

Edited by Heaven Angel